64. briar

NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF

The two of us had sat on the clock tower admiring the stars and chatting idly, enjoying the fading warmth of the festival down below for what seemed like hours.

eventually-

The lights from down below dimmed, and the sounds of voices dissipated until it was just the two of us, hands interlaced, the chill of the night beginning to set in.

still i feel warm

"It's not the north but it's still winter," Levi murmured, awkwardly shifting to pull me to his side.

i didn't even notice how cold it's gotten-

"Should we go back?"

"Do you want to?" He glanced over to me, raising an eyebrow in question.

probably a good idea-

"When do you leave tomorrow?" I asked, peering out onto the street below, it had mostly cleared of celebration.

"Morning."

well that's not very specific

"Thank you for being so descriptive," I rolled my eyes, standing up, "come on let's go."

"I would've thought you would want to stay longer?" Levi murmured, holding the door open for me.

i guess when you think about it-

we can do this again-

so i'm not that torn up about it

"Hey, make a promise with me," I poked his side, Levi flinched jumping away.

CUTE

HE'S TICKLISH ????

THIS WILL COME IN HANDY

"Awfully needy," he joked, grabbing my hand as I tried to do it again.

"Watch out Levi! The headlines tomorrow are going to say something like 'Duke Ackerman is unable to satisfy his wife- she leaves him for her personal guard!'"

HANJI WHERE ARE YOU I'M COMING BABE

"What do you want me to agree to?"

JEALOUS ?????

"Promise me you'll write then?" I squeezed his hand.

"I was going to do that anyway, idiot," Levi squeezed back.

oh

"IN THAT CASE I'M SAVING MY PROMISE! THAT ONE DIDN'T COUNT!"

"Sure."

"I'm holding you to that."

THAT'S A PROMISE LEVI <3

"Why are you so stiff," Levi murmured, rolling over in bed to face me. The two of us had wandered back into the house long after most of the staff had fallen asleep.

BECAUSE NOW THAT WE ACTUALLY ARE SOMETHING IT FEELS LESS LIKE A #FUN SLEEPOVER AND MORE LIKE WE SHOULD BE HUGGING OR SOMETHING

AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF YOU AS A BESTIE FOR FOREVER NOW .

NOT THAT YOU CANT HUG BESTIES-

"Why are you so mean?" I muttered sarcastically, burying my head in the pillows.

IT IS MY REFLEX TO INSULT HIM

UR NOT EVEN WRONG KEEP IT UP

TY .......