110. cowslip

"How distressed do I look?" I glanced up at Levi who was busy buttoning up his shirt to get ready to meet with the First Princess.

"You look good," he gave me a quick once over.

<3

"Leave the cravat behind, it makes it look like you're in a rush," I watched as Levi messed with his hair slightly.

we look great

"Come see me off at the door?" Levi held out an arm for me.

OF COURSE

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I stood at the door, pulling Levi into a hug before he had to leave. I had changed into a dress with more muted colors as soon as I got home, Petra had been there to redo my makeup in a way that didn't do much to hide the fact that I had been crying not 30 minutes earlier.

we have an audience i should show up in costume

"Are you nervous? Do you want me to come?" I pulled away slightly to look at Levi.

"I'm fine, if you came along it would ruin the plan. Stay here and work on your end," he hummed.

ok <3

"I'm just saying if you ever want to change the plan and decide that murder is the best answer you should just go for it."

as soon as i hear the news ill come rushing in

the genre can totally change

we'll start attacking people w/ swords instead of emotionally manipulating them

"That won't happen," he paused, kissing me lightly on my forehead. "Good luck, I'll be back in a few hours."

love you

"I-" I began to call out to him before noticing the small crowd of random nobility that was watching us. "Nevermind, go meet with the Princess."

ill save my declarations of love for when we're alone <33

"Are you sure?" Levi stopped in his tracks, turning to face me.

"I'm sure!" I waved goodbye.

you know i would've liked to abuse the fact that we're pretending to be a perfect couple for a little bit longer

i want to say i love you to him in front of this crowd and watch his reaction

I WANT TO SEE HIM BLUSH

"Alright," I murmured to myself, watching Levi's carriage depart to the palace until our audience dispersed. "I guess I should get to work."

i have a lot to do <3

The plan was for Levi to accept the First Princess's invitation.

so it looks like he's being forced to despite not wanting to

It's not like he has to try that hard to do that.

i mean he's pretty angry looking regardless

As for me, I've already completed half of my mission.

looking like the sad but dutiful wife

"Hanji, Petra, should we go out?"

all i have to do now is focus on looking sad and resigned in public

"Sure! Where to?"

"Shopping!" Petra beamed, linking arms with Hanji and me.

<3

"I don't see why not," I beamed, "we're charging Levi for all of this."

"Naturally."

"That's what husbands are for Y/N," Petra laughed in between the two of us.

we'll have to be careful <3 i have to keep on pretending that levi is the most perfect man ever and i am totally in love w/ him regardless of what he does

WE'RE SELLING AN IMAGE

LEVI AND I ARE A BRAND FOR AS LONG AS WE'RE IN THIS CITY

"Where do you want to go first? I'm not really interested in buying anything for myself," I frowned, glancing around the crowded street the three of us walked over to.

THAT'S A LIE I DO WANT TO GO SHOPPING

"Maybe dresses, or-" Petra glanced around. "Maybe we could stop at that cafe over there?"

PERFECT

"Sounds good," Hanji seemed way more interested in that than going dress shopping.

that makes sense she's still working so it isn't easy for her to just drop everything to try on clothes

"Let's go then," I led the group to the cafe, glancing around at the large display case full of different cakes and pastries in front of us.

this couldn't be any better

"Get anything you want, I'm going to go sit over there," I pointed to a table at the far corner of the cafe, surrounded by windows that looked out into the streets around us.

alright, this is a good spot.

"Over there-"

"-is that-"

"-Duchess Ackerman?"

Whispers from other patrons followed me as I took my seat.

"I heard that the First Princess asked the Duke to come visit her while the two of them were on a date in the park."

it's incredibly exciting seeing the rumors you started in action

"I heard that too! Apparently, the Duke got upset with the messenger and the Duchess started crying and told him to go anyway."

something like that

"Are you sure? She looks fine now."

"Look closer, she's been crying, poor thing."

actually i could get used to ppl being interested in me like this

"She must be here with her staff as a distraction."

"We're here!" Petra and Hanji sat down at the table, bringing platters covered with little desserts.

here's where it gets painful

"I actually don't have that much of an appetite, you two go ahead and eat."

I'M VERY HUNGRY

"Are you sure? The Duke is paying, you should eat a little something," Petra frowned, reaching over to feel my temperature. "Are you ok? We can go home right away if you're not feeling well."

I'M FINE

"It's fine, it would be worse if I spent all my time cooped up inside."

"Oh my god, the Duke must be doting on her since they got pulled away from their date."

nope!

levi doesn't know im spending his money

<3

"I had heard a rumor that the two of them had a bad relationship but I guess that isn't the case."

"Shhh- she's going to hear you."

alright, everything is going perfectly to plan

_____________________

unrelated to tidal but yall im so genuinely excited to share my next levi x reader w/ you- ive been having so much fun writing it 

mwah mwah

-amwahmi