6.13

Wei Mingyan and Xuan Lele weren’t very famous at school, but many people know them because of their attractive appearances.

At first, everyone wasn’t optimistic of the two of them together.

As the saying goes, this society needs either love or bread. In everyone’s eyes, when they are together, they want love and lost bread.

(TNote: love or bread = either choose romance or money/ it’s like they saying you can’t live off of love alone.)

Despite their appearance, it so happened that both sides have the dilemma of poverty, so either they would drag each other down or their love will disappear with the passage of time.

Then one day, Wei Mingyan showed up at school with a car that didn’t appear too flashy, but it was definitely not cheap.

Was he kept by a rich woman?

This was the first reaction from the people that knew him.

But then, another person came down from the car.

It was Xuan Lele, who was holding her new fancy handbag, smiling ever so sweetly.

This happened because Grandma Xuan got admitted to the hospital, and the two of them visited her almost every day. Although they weren’t far away, it still took 20 minutes to walk over. In addition, it was rather inconvenient if they wanted to bring something with them, so Father Wei simply bought a car for his son to drive.

They had no cars at home, and any other they had now were all bought a long time ago, and they were flashy cars Father Wei used for business purposes, which wasn’t suitable for students. On top of that, Wei Mingyan himself said that he didn’t like that style very much, so Father Wei simply bought him another one.

This car was very simple, which was suitable for Father Wei’s original intention to keep a low profile.

However, even this simple car, when coupled with Wei Mingyan, a well known poor guy in school, even if he kept appearing like a country bumpkin, he can’t keep a low profile anymore.

The first one to talk about it was Third Brother in Wei Mingyan’s dorm.

At that time, he happened to go to the canteen to buy food and came back. Just as he went out, Wei Mingyan, who lived in the dormitory, arrived in his car.

“Where did it come from?”

The good brothers were affectionate, and he didn’t say anything vague but just asked the question he had directly.

Wei Mingyan patted the front of the car, his expression still as gentle as before, “My Dad bought it.”

“Dude!”

Old Third sucked in a breath of cold air and looked up and down at the man in front of him who was wearing an ordinary shirt and standing on a pair of discounted sneakers he bought himself.

Old Third was a fan of cars, and he was always up to date with the car magazines. Although this car wasn’t so flashy, it still couldn’t escape his eyes.

This guy tutted around the car, “I say, Mingyan… Your family didn’t win the lottery, did they?”

“What are you talking about? ” Wei Mingyan smiled helplessly and took his girlfriend’s hand. “I’ll send Lele back to her dormitory first, and I’ll tell you more later.”

“Let’s go.”

Xuan Lele nodded and waved her hand at Old Third as usual, “See you later.”

The third roommate was still immersed in the news that the poorest brother in the dorm room had bought a luxury car, so he could only wave his hand, responding in a trance, “Bye, Sister-in-law.”