6.15

If we say that Ding Luxin used to own the momentum, it was really just netizens following the trending posts to watch the fun, and along the way, sympathize with her. Then, with this live food broadcast actually revealing that the host is actually Ding Luxin’s son, all those things before were shaken off as his revelations was enough to make netizens boil.

Now, both sides hold their own opinions. Before, everyone sympathized with the weak Ding Luxin, who through her pitiful and crying act won a lot of attention. However, after her son, the legendary rich boy, revealed his even more pitiful and miserable childhood, people’s hearts switched sides again, especially after listening to the ‘Orphan Food’ story.

Wei Mingyan had a very good reputation on the Internet. Despite his wide fanbase, he insisted on ad-free content, and he often gave fans small gifts and food sweepstakes made by himself. This was enough to make people have a good impression of him.

Of course, there were those who would ask, ‘Isn’t this just because Wei Mingyan’s family doesn’t need that kind of money at all? Even if he doesn’t advertise, he is still a rich man.’

But there are those who ask themselves, ‘If it were them, who wouldn’t want to make more money?’

On top of that, the videos Wei Mingyan made before were all tutoring lessons. At that time, because of his effective teaching methods, some people even recorded them and sent them to other students. It was said that even high school teachers would download it for their students.

In China, good looks alone is enough to attract a lot of attention, not to mention good looking educators. Coupled with the huge fan base Wei Mingyan had, rumors about Ding Luxin’s lies spread everywhere on the Internet.

Soon, this incident attracted the attention of some local media company. After all, this is a story of a mother wanting to sue her ex-husband, causing the son to break off his relationship with her, a story that was sensational in every sense of the word.

Soon, a reporter was able to find the neighbors who had been there before the Wei family moved in.

“Old Wei is a good man. Previously, my husband and I were busy at work, and we weren’t at home at all. My mother-in-law took care of the child alone at home, and she also had to buy stuff for daily use. Sometimes she couldn’t carry them along. Then, when Old Wei came back from work, he would help carry our child to the apartment. We would thank him by giving him some stuff, but he never asked us for anything.”

“Do you have any impression of his wife?”

“His wife is no good.” The middle-aged woman waved her hand, looking disdainful, “Since they moved here, day after day we would see Old Wei very busy. He needed to go to work, and still took care of his child. But then, all his wife did was to play mahjong every day, playing all night and not going home. She only comes to find her husband if she loses money. We all despise her.”

“I heard that she followed a big boss and ran away, leaving Old Wei and the child alone. How cruel is this? She doesn’t want her husband, and even abandoned her child.”

The reporter listened to the lady’s seemingly dismissive comments, still keeping a dedicated look on her face, “So, may I ask. Have you ever seen Mr. Wei beat his wife?”

“That’s not true. Old Wei spoils his woman. You tell me, when the woman does nothing but play around all day, and he still gives her his salary, how would he be willing to beat her?”

“You have been their neighbor for so long, have you really never seen Mr. Wei hit his wife? Even once?” The reporter asked again.

The middle-aged woman thought for a moment, “Once, the woman locked her son in the house for three days. Old Wei came back very angry and took him away. Later, she didn’t show up for several days. By the time I saw her again, she was bruised and swollen. But I don’t know if she was beaten by Old Wei.”