6.18

Ding Luxin’s current husband keeps no less than three mistresses outside, one of whom is a young artist who had just entered the entertainment circle. Originally, for artists that are good-looking and had a good figure, it was normal for them to take advantage of it to find a rich boss to support them. After all, this era despised poverty but not prostitution.           

(TNote: despising poverty but not prostitution = the notion in society that it’s better to get ahead in the world by abandoning one’s scruples than to suffer poverty.)

But the problem was that the man, who was almost 60, liked to hit people.

He was old. With such overindulgence at an advanced age, ‘that’ place wouldn’t work from time to time, and any medicine he tried wouldn’t help anymore. Nowadays, he would often fall weak in the middle of it, and would start to release his anger to the person below him.

Ding Luxin used to be the one who was the target for his anger. Later, since she grew older and looked more aged, the old man stopped looking for her, and she breathed a sigh of relief. Although she was afraid that this man would divorce her at any time, at least she didn’t get beaten as frequently.

However, in her place, the little artist was beaten several times. Just, since it wasn’t serious, and he gave her compensation afterwards, although she felt wronged, she still endured it.

But this time, the man drank too much wine, and because he couldn’t get hard, he punched and kicked her. She screamed and attempted to run away, which angered him even more. Consumed by rage, he kicked her several times in the abdomen.

After that, she went to the hospital for examination, and the doctor told her that she could no longer have children.

This event was simply the most horrible punishment in the world for a woman who still wanted to be a mother.

Now, she didn’t want to be a rich woman, and she didn’t want to get ahead anymore. She just wanted justice for herself. Of course, it would be better if she could get some compensation from that damn old man.

As soon as this incident came to light, people immediately associated it with Ding Luxin’s loss of fertility.

When she said Wei Mingyan’s father abused her, it was a lie. So, who was the real abuser?

Soon, it was revealed that the accusation of ‘Ding Luxin’s ex-husband sending someone to smash her hotel’ was a lie, as those who smashed the hotel had been arrested. As it turns out, they were from the debt collection company, appearing there to collect the debt Ding Luxin’s current husband had accrued. These people were hired to ask for the money back. As usual, if they didn’t get the money, they would smash the hotel.

‘The loss of fertility due to domestic violence by the ex-husband’, was a complete lie. ‘The hotel was retaliated against’, was also a complete lie, even the so-called ‘son wasn’t filial’ was all made up.

When her own son borrowed money from his father to save his girlfriend’s grandmother, she accused him of using it to buy luxury goods.

Furthermore, she said that he was violent and led a lavish life, when in truth he was reluctant to buy expensive things, and insisted on giving money to the orphanage every month, on top of frequently volunteering there.

There was also the girl who was supposedly once pursued by Wei Mingyan, and had been criticized by netizens until she cried. She couldn’t stand the criticisms and admitted the truth.

She was paid to deliberately smear Wei Mingyan’s name.

As for the person who gave her the money, at this point, even if she didn’t say it, everyone could guess.