5.7

Qi Jingye worked overtime today, and it was already dark by the time he left for home, and there were some old ladies sitting under the lights. He couldn't help but pick up his pace a bit as he thought about his daughter who was going to a new school today.

He didn't have the ability to protect his sister when something happened to her. He failed as a brother.

Now that his daughter was in distress, as a father, he was still powerless to do anything about it.

Every night when he closed his eyes, all he could think of was the woman who had bullied his sister, openly screaming that a phone call would cost him his job, and remembering how he'd rushed up to fight, only to be held from behind by his sister, who still had a slap mark on her face.

It's not his fault, it's not his sister's fault, and in the end, it was still them, the victims, who had to apologize to the perpetrators.

Since then, Qi Jingye has become one of the hardest workers in the unit. He didn't have the ability now, but he would work hard and climb to the top.

Until those people couldn't hurt his loved ones anymore.

Qi Jingye's eyes showed a hint of warmth as he thought of his wife and sister waiting for him to eat with them.

Just past the corner, Old Lady Jin's figure appeared in front of Qi Jingye.

He stepped forward, his face turning black before preparing to open his mouth, but then saw the old lady, who always depended on her seniority to be unusually arrogant, look at him as if she had seen a ghost and walked away with the wind in her steps.

Qi Jingye frowned, wondering what the hell was going on with this troublesome elderly lady.

Turning and pushing open the door to his home, he saw his three favorite people in the courtyard, sitting around a handsome man with a smile on his face.

Even if his sister and daughter were fine, what about his wife's shining look at the guy?

Qi Jingye subconsciously sank his eyes and took a step in.

"A guest?"

Sister-in-law Qi was asking Wei Mingyan for advice on a hundred ways to scare a bully, when she suddenly heard a voice behind her and realized it was her husband coming back. "Jingye, come and see quickly, Jingshu's boyfriend is here."

Boyfriend?

Although Qi Jingye was busy, he has been to the school quite a few times, so how could he not recognize the handsome looking fair-skinned man with a gentle smile in front of him as the teacher who taught his daughter?

When did he become Jingshu's boyfriend?

The man who was originally smiling and chatting with a few people got up somewhat sharply, bringing a bit of nervousness to his eyes, his lips slightly pursed, and bowed slightly in respect, "Hello, I'm Jingshu's boyfriend, Wei Mingyan."

The scene was like a large interview scene that made Qi Jingshu's heart sweet and happy. She tugged on her boyfriend's arm, feeling his tense body, and whispered, "Mingyan, sit down."

Respectful and elegant, Qi Jingye looked up and down at the man in front of him, then at his sister, who was all over him, and his wife, who was looking at him with a smile on her face, and coughed. "Teacher Wei is it, right, how old are you this year?"

"Ehh... why are you asking this? Talk nicely, quickly sit down and eat your food, I'll put your bag down for you. " Sister-in-law Qi unkindly pinched her husband, acting as if she didn't already ask about Mingyan's whole portfolio before.