4.14

Editor: Cazhe

Lan Xue's initial impression of the hospital was full of disinfectant. Dad took her to the hospital. A group of uncles in white coats kindly gave her delicious food. Dad went out and was busy. She sat on a high chair and watched the doctor uncles treat various patients.

Some of the patients' faces were sad and some were full of hope. At that time, little Lan Xue didn't understand. All he knew was that when they left, they would gratefully say, "Thank you, Doctor."

It's great to be thanked by so many people.

Lan Xue told her father that she wanted to be a doctor when she grew up.

Her mother told her that being a doctor was hard and tired, and she had to work the night shift at night. In any emergency, even if it was late at night, the doctor had to get up from the quilt and rush to get there. Doctors didn't have a stable holiday and even had to stay in the hospital for the New Years. Just like her father, the New Year's Eve dinner should have been eaten together with the family, but he had to operate on a patient with a sudden disease in the hospital.

She asked, "it's so hard to be a doctor. Does Ah Xue still want to be a doctor?"

Lan Xue was not afraid. She was a little girl at that time. Even if she puffed out her chest, she only reached her mother's waist. Her voice was tender and crisp. "I want to be like my Dad. Treat patients and save people. No matter how bitter or tired I would be, I am not afraid. "

Her mother also had to work. Sometimes when she was too busy, Lan Xue had to stay with her father at the hospital, watching her father diagnose a condition, see patients admitted into the hospital, and other patients discharged from the hospital. Her heart was full of longing.

In the future, she will also be an excellent doctor, helping patients get better.

~

One day, a group of people suddenly came to the door. They splashed paint and cursed at the clean door of Lan Xue's house. Dad was not there, and little Lan Xue was afraid. She huddled in her mother's arms and looked at the door in horror.

When there was a lot of noise, her father came back and had an argument with the people outside. Her mother went out to help, was pushed, and fell down covering her chest.

Lan Xue was too scared to cry. She wiped away her tears and her father cried out in despair: "Let me take her to the hospital first, please get out of the way!!"

"You let my son die! You have to compensate! If you don't compensate today, don't even think about getting out of the of the building!!"

"Yes!! Compensate! Compensate!!"

The police came and the ambulance came, but her mother wouldn't wake up anymore.

Lan Xue looked at those detestable people, her heart was filled with fear and disgust.

She doesn't want to be a doctor any more, no more!

After seeing off her mother, her father would still put on that white coat.

The little child cried and cried, and refused to let him go to the hospital. "Why does Dad save those bad guys? They are bad guys!!"

"They killed mom! Why are you going...?"

The eyes of a man, who was always cheerful and smiling, were bloodshot. He silently looks at his daughter crying and crouches down slowly. His eyes look straight up at little Lan Xue.

His voice was hoarse and ugly, but it was forever engraved in the depths of Lan Xue's memory, "Ah Xue, father is a doctor, a doctor's duty is to save lives."