4.21 (End)

Lan Xue and Wei Mingyan were the first to be injected.

In addition to the fact that Lan Xue was in critical condition, there were also reasons for Wei Mingyan being injected first too.

"How did you come up with that, I thought different majors were like crossing the Atlantic?"

Even though the disease was cured, the blood spit out by the body could not be recovered completely. Lan Xue lay weakly on the bed, her pale face and eyes bright and full of admiration.

It was only after she awoke that she learned from her father that the reason the formula had been worked out so quickly was because Wei Mingyan had reported his theory to the board. The experts researching the vaccine tried it as a last resort, and as it turned out, the result was successful.

Batch after batch of medicine were distributed and people were treated, regardless of whether they have yet to show symptoms, or did show symptoms and were dying.

Lan Xue was still physically weak, but this didn't prevent her from communicating with her husband.

It truly was a miracle; Mingyan obviously didn't specialize in this field, but he still paved the way to find a cure out of it.

"You think this was a miracle?" Wei Mingyan had also been injected with the medicine. Right now, he hadn't slept well for several days, but his face had regained a faint smile.

He carefully lifted his beloved, brought a cup to her lips and watched her drink it carefully.

"It really feels like a miracle!" Lan Xue finished drinking the water, sipped her lips and looked up, pleasantly surprised at the tired but still handsome faces right above hers. "Sweet!"

"I put honey in the water, so you can't drink too much of it, but it'll sweeten your mouth." The man put down the glass and gently held Lan Xue in his arms. "This is to compensate for some of the glucose, to avoid getting dizzy from the surprise."

Lan Xue liked sweet things best. Wei Mingyan once worried that eating too much sweet and greasy food wasn't good for her health. Now that she was in an even better mood after drinking the sugar water, she listened to her beloved's words and asked, somewhat confused, "Surprise?"

Could it be that Mingyan's commendation had been awarded already?

The man's warm hand fell gently on her flat lower abdomen, softly, as if afraid it would crush her.

"Ah Xue, you're going to be a mother."

Lan Xue was confused at first, then her eyes widened in disbelief in an instant. Because she lost too much blood, her pale and cold hands were unconsciously placed on her belly.

"I... I am pregnant?"

She and Wei Mingyan have been married for some time, but her stomach hasn't moved. They were both healthy and haven't thought about any contraceptives. In addition, both parents didn't worry and never urged. Wei Mingyan also said that he didn't worry. Lan Xue hadn't thought about it at all since, except for when she first got married and wondered if she'd ever get pregnant.

But now, she was pregnant?

After the surprise, it was the aftermath, "The baby, will the baby be affected..."

She had a terrible illness, her body had lost too much blood, wouldn't it seriously hurt her fetus!?

"No, I asked. Doctor Zhao from obstetrics and gynecology said that it was a very healthy and very brave baby."

To be honest, the contrast between Wei Mingyan's serious face and his retelling of this sentence was still too great, but Lan Xue had been used to living with him for so long and didn't feel anything strange.