5.16

It was rare for Wei Mingyan not to have a social gathering today. The driver took a long vacation at home, and he drove back by himself. He parked his car outside the Qi’s home and took out the key to open the door.

Qi Jingye could have been at leisure after his promotion, but his character was not the kind that allowed such behavior. In addition, his daughter was doing very well at school now, so he only needed to pick up and drop her off. When he has nothing to do, he takes his wife to travel outside every day.

Qi Jingshu had gotten a job. Wei Mingyan mentioned that he wanted her to work in his own company but she refused.

Since the time she personally resisted Cao Jing, Qi Jingshu seemed to have untied the heavy shackles on her body, and became much more self confident. Even without the protection of her Older Brother, Sister-in-law and her boyfriend, she could face many things on her own.

All this was impossible for the former Qi Jingshu, but it just so happened to be like this. She found a job in a different company. Although the company was not as big as the Cao Group, it was also a well-known enterprise. The seniors in her department were also very friendly to her. She diligently absorbed work knowledge, hoping that even if she couldn’t stand at the same heights as her boyfriend, she wouldn’t be too far away from him.

Of course, Qi Jingshu won’t know that the company she ‘found by herself’ was actually from Wei Mingyan secretly opening a back door for her.

However, Qi Jingshu’s professional ability proved that she could still have entered by her own ability, without him dealing through back door tabletalks.

Thus, the elder brother and sister-in-law of the Qi family went out to the field every day. Jiayu, the little niece, attended classes at school, and Qi Jingshu now started going to work. Hence, this family was rarely available at home.

Taking note of the time, Wei Mingyan figured that Qi Jingshu would be back in about half an hour. He rolled up his sleeves and decided to cook a meal.

He was so busy recently that he practically made the Qi’s house his own home. Even nowadays, when he wasn’t too busy, he didn’t plan to leave anyways. Regardless, the Qi’s family were glad to have him around. Qi Jingye even gave him a key so that he could come home when no one was watching the house.

The man wore classy casual clothes, showing a clean white arm as he hummed a song and cut vegetables in a very good mood.

He only knew how to make shredded potatoes though, so it’s a good thing the Qi’s didn’t mind.

~

As Mingyan was cutting vegetables in the house, Qi Jingshu was walking home with her small bag.

Her Brother and Sister-in-law were very busy these days, so after work, when her colleagues asked her out for dinner, she didn’t go, and planned to come home to cook for Mingyan. However, as soon as she arrived home, she saw the luxury car parked next to the door.

Is Mingyan back?

How come he was so early today? The corners of her mouth raised happily, and she was about to take out the key to open the door when she heard an ugly hoarse voice behind her, “Look, I told you, she is someone who favors the rich and disdains the poor. Last time, her boyfriend was a teacher that came to their home, I really saw it.” 

(TNote: [嫌贫爱富] xián pín ài fù = to favor the rich and disdain the poor/ snobbish.)

Qi Jingshu frowned and turned to look at Old Lady Jin, who was sitting at the door of her neighbor’s and shaking her fan, showing her disdainful face.