7. The Mystical Charlatan

Since it was a vacation world, the memory received by Wei Mingyan this time was a little vague. He was only shown a general picture of the world.

As usual, this world was a novel world.

The heroine, Wei Qi, was destined with misfortune from birth.

She was born on the 15th day of 7th lunar month, which is the day of the Ghost Festival. In theory, this was now an era of science and technology, and she didn’t engage in feudal superstition, but who made her grandfather a mystical charlatan?

On the day this little granddaughter was born, as her own grandfather, the original owner, made it clear that he didn’t like her because she was born on the Ghost Festival. He even refused to visit the hospital and help his son and daughter-in-law look after this little granddaughter.

Unfortunately, this alone wasn’t enough. Although the original owner didn’t like this granddaughter, his son and daughter-in-law loved this lovely daughter deeply. Although the absence of an elder’s care would be a bit hard, they also calmly accepted his decision.

After all, it wasn’t the first time the original owner made trouble. They have long been used to it.

However, unfortunately, on the third day after Wei Qi was born, a wanted criminal actually hid in the hospital. On the same day, a police officer who came to take care of his pregnant wife at the hospital recognized him. It was a mess. In retaliation, the police officer’s wife died with one corpse and two lives, and even Wei Qi’s parents were caught up in it and killed, leaving Wei Qi, an infant, with the original owner, who thought of her as a broom star.

(TNote: broom star = means they will bring you bad luck/ one who others perceive as a jinx.)

Even the name Wei Qi was one he gave randomly according to the month.

Raised by a grandfather who didn’t like her, Wei Qi’s life can be imagined. The original owner was obsessed with metaphysics all his life, and every day he wandered around fooling people. Wei Qi was practically almost brought up by her neighbors when she was a child. Later, when she grew up a little, the original owner, who considered himself ‘self-taught’, said directly that she had to leave home at the age of 16, otherwise she would be the death of her grandfather.

Wei Qi was simply thrown out of the house with grievances. At the very least, she has always been raised free spirited, and survived the ups and downs despite being alone.

She didn’t have the money to pay tuition fees, so she had to work as a black worker everywhere. While she worked a part-time job, one day, she was taken home by a rich second generation and became a golden canary.

(TNote: — black worker = illegal/ usually because they have no ID or underage, they are paid outside of the books; and underpaid.  — golden canary = a luxuriously supported girlfriend.)

Unfortunately, she was deeply abused both physically and emotionally, and she even suffered through a miscarriage caused by a mistress. After enduring the following heart wrenching drama and family chaos, the rich second generation came to his senses. In the end, this prodigal son returned to her, and they lived happily ever after.

Wei Mingyan now understood why Wei Qi appeared in the vacation world after reading it.

She suffered so miserably in the early part, but was favored in the later part. This book also describes in detail how Wei Qi fell in love with the rich second generation and was even willing to die for him.

In Wei Mingyan’s view, this wasn’t love. It was nothing more than being confined for life, either suffering for the rest of your life or fooling yourself to accept it.