7.3 (2)

He stretched out his hand and pulled down a willow branch.

“Mom said you can’t pull branches! The trees would get hurt.”

The long and slender fingers holding the branch paused slightly, the man’s gaze moved down and landed on the little girl sitting under the tree who was raising her cute little face to look at him.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m waiting for my Mom to come and pick me up.” The little girl was very cute, with fair skin and delicate facial features like a little doll. She was wearing a beautiful sky blue dress and a pair of small black leather shoes at her feet. She looks to be taken good care of by her parents.

Wei Mingyan took a willow branch and sat under the tree as well, his long, pale hands weaving through the branches, making a garland of flowers.

The little girl opened her eyes wide in surprise, “Uncle, you’re great.”

“Call me Grandpa.”

Wei Mingyan corrected her as he raised his hand and put a wreath made of willow branches on the little girl’s head.

She was so happy that she reached out and touched it. Her big beautiful eyes were full of excitement. “Is this for me?”

“Is it comfortable to wear?” Wei Mingyan asked.

“It is very comfortable.”

“If it’s comfortable, don’t take it off. It can help you block the sun.”

The little girl thanked him sweetly, “Thank you Uncle. But don’t fold the leaves next time, they will hurt.”

“Leaves don’t get hurt, people get hurt.”

“Call me Grandpa, understand?”

Looking at the innocent and lovely little girl, the handsome Daoist priest showed a gentle smile for the first time. He held out his hand and gently pinched the little girl’s tender little face. When he saw that she kept her eyes open, he whispered, “Grandpa will take you to your mother, okay?”

“Okay.” The little girl just crisply agreed, but thought of something. Her face showed hesitation.

“But my Mom said I can’t follow strangers.”

“It’s Mom who told Grandpa to come and get you.” The Daoist priest then asked in a gentle voice, “Your name is Qiuqiu isn’t it? You have been away from your mother for too long, and she misses you.”

Suspicion crept onto the little girl’s lovely face. “I, I just waited for a little while…”

“Let’s go, you should go home.”

Wei Mingyan took the little girl’s hand and glanced at the two elders who were close together in the sunset from a distance before leaving at a slow pace.

“Excuse me, have you seen my daughter? She’s about yay tall, wearing a blue skirt and two pigtails? This is her photo…”

“Excuse me, have you seen a little girl? This tall, wearing a blue dress …”

The gaunt woman stood at the corner with red eyes, and when she saw someone coming, she hurriedly stepped forward and asked them to look at the leaflet in her hand.

Her face was as white as paper, her eyes were bruised, and it was clear that she hadn’t rested properly for a long time. Even when she walked, her footsteps were wobbly, but even so, she tried hard to reach every passerby.