2.4

Aunt Chen is also in a bit of a daze. But what Wei Mingyan said just now, the heart was full of spirit again.

"Sister, I also know that you don't want to, but think about it, Lan Lan is going to school soon. She has good grades and is going to a big city. The tuition couldn't be paid by just anybody. She has to eat and drink. The students in the big city are well dressed and wear colorful clothes. Our Lan Lan's dusty clothes would stand out like a sore thumb and laughed at."

(Sister = no relation, just being polite.)

Aunt Yi admitted that Aunt Chen was right, but what does this have to do with Hun Zi's desire to marry her family Lan Lan?

"Hun Zi said, that if your side agreed, he would give a dowry of a thousand, a thousand yuan! We work to the bones, but we can't save so much money in a year. Moreover, he also said that if he makes money, we will give everything to Lan Lan. Then, he will pay for Lan Lan's college education!"

"He said that? He can't feed himself. What would he feed my family's Lan Lan?" Aunt Yi almost didn't laugh. Who in the village didn't know what kind of virtue Hun Zi has? It's one thing to boast about his fish, if they really let Lan Lan marry this kind of person, wouldn't it be pushing her niece raised by her own hands into the fire pit?

"Stop it, I will never agree!"

Yi Zhilan and Yi Qingqing were sitting in the room, listening to the noise outside.

Yi Qingqing was worried and she wanted to rush out and tell Aunt Chen to agree. Today she didn't go out all day. She thought it was out of the question. Unexpectedly, Aunt Chen came to help propose marriage in the evening.

Yi Zhilan is not much better, she has been distracted all day. Waiting for her lover's proposal, but completely forgetting what her aunt and uncle would not agree.

Also, if he hadn't saved her, and they had been together for so long, she would have thought he was a dirtbag also.

Uncle Yi didn't realize that both sisters couldn't eat at all. He was still eating big mouthfuls. After eating two mouthfuls, he saw his niece's worried look. He laughed and thought he knew what she was worried about.

"Don't be afraid, Lan Lan. Uncle won't let you marry that Hun Zi. You're a college student. You'll be free to fall in love after working and find a city person."

Yi Qingqing's jealous are about to bleed.

Outside, Aunt Yi had already started seeing off guests. Yi Zhilan, in a hurry, gritted her teeth and confessed, "uncle, let's be clear. We are together."

Uncle Yi was stunned for several seconds before he realized that she was talking about Hun Zi. Shocked chopsticks fell off. "You, what are you talking about?"

"I want to make it clear. I was the one to ask him to come and propose."

Old Aunt Chen outside was walking out with an embarrassed smile. "Sister, you have to think about it again, or you can see first. If he can't do it, you don't have to agree."

"I can't wait for him for a lifetime!"

Aunt Yi felt sick at the thought that her clever and sensible niece had been eyed by the village gangster.

She thought, how come he was suddenly so kind to send some fish? Making a scene for a long while, turned out he had a crush on Lan Lan! This is called a weasel sending bugs to a chicken, fatten up for a good slaughter!

(a weasel sending bugs to a chicken; also, a weasel sending new year's gifts = luring someone into a trap; giving something without good intentions.)