5.11

Qi Jingshu's childhood was very happy. Her parents weren't planning on having another child after Qi Jingye, but then her mother unexpectedly got pregnant. After discussing, the husband and wife decided to give birth to this child.

Hence, Qi Jingye, who was only nine years old then, gained a little sister.

Qi Jingshu still remembered her Mother's warm hands and her Father's voice as he told her stories. At that time, her brother was busy at school, but he still took time to draw butterflies for her to play with.

Her childhood was joyful, growing up day by day, until suddenly one day, the neighboring Aunt knocked on the door of her home.

As they knelt in front of their parents' graves, Qi Jingshu looked at the back of her brother in front of her, listening to the whispers behind them, and tightly pressed her lips.

"What are they going to do. Old Qi and the others are just going to go away and leave these two kids behind. How are they going to live in the future?"

"Jingye is fine, but Jingshu is so young and is still a baby girl. No one can rest assured even if she's in anyone's hands."

Qi Jingshu was puzzled and didn't know what they were talking about, but she knew inexplicably that these people wanted to separate her from her brother. She didn't want to leave her only relative, and her kind aunt advised her.

"Jingshu, your brother is still at school. He is still a child, and he can't take care of himself yet. How can he take care of you?"

The little girl sobbed and wiped her tears, and her voice was stubborn as she choked, "I don't want my Brother to take care of me. I can take care of my Brother."

"You child, why won't you listen..."

Her relative, usually kind-hearted, was now looking sternly at her as if she was the most misbehaved and disobedient child, and they were saying things to try to keep the two siblings apart.

At that time, Qi Jingshu didn't understand what pension was. A group of people surrounded her, and she was afraid and worried that her Elder Brother really didn't want her. She could only cry with her head down.

Before, when she cried, her parents would coax her tenderly, but now, those people only shook their heads and sighed.

"Why is this child so unreasonable? We're doing this for her own good. Now its as if we are hurting her instead..."

"Yes, Jingye is too young. How can he take good care of his sister, how can we not help out when we're related?"

"Jingye is going to have a girlfriend in a few years, and with a large age difference between Jingshu and him, she will definitely be disliked by the woman then..."

Every word she could hear poked Qi Jingshu's heart like a knife. She bit her teeth and could almost taste the blood in her mouth.

She didn't understand. They obviously met before. These people would call her name affectionately, hugged her, and smile. But now, one by one, they were repulsed.

Qi Jingshu didn't understand, but Qi Jingye knew what these people are after.

He drove away those people, holding his crying sister, who was shaking all over, and his voice was hoarse and firm. "Jingshu, I will raise you. We have the money left by our parents. On what grounds can't we survive?!"

Qi Jingshu learned to be strong from this day.

Her Brother always had to go to school and work. She can't let her tired Brother make time to take care of her. Then, she should do it herself!