5.18

Wei Mingyan held the person in his arms carefully, and looked at the man lying on the ground with stern eyes.

As if coaxing a child, he kept patting Qi Jingshu on the back.

Cao Jing saw such an image when they arrived.

“Chairman, Chairman, it’s my bad. It’s my fault. I’m begging you not to fire my Zhaocai, I’m the one who encouraged him, Chairman…”

After Old Lady Jin reacted, she begged Wei Mingyan desperately. Her gray hair had turned into a mess, her face full of snot and tears, appearing really pitiful.

However, even if she cried harder, people around her would never forget how arrogant she was before, especially Wei Mingyan, who only sneered.

“Old Lady, have you forgotten what I told you before about slander? It’s none of your business that my family purchased a car. Do you want to spread rumors? Last time, I didn’t pursue it because you’re old. Do you really think that Jingshu is so easy to bully?”

“No, no, no, Chairman, you’re a generous man. I’m getting old, and my brain is not working so well. Don’t bother with this old woman. Please Chairman, my son, he is a good driver, he…”

She didn’t bring it up, but when she did, Wei Mingyan frowned and looked to the ground at Jin Zhaocai, whose face was pale as he only kept quiet when his own mother begged for mercy for his sake.

“As far as I know, your son has been doing nothing and only loitered around, right? When I received the news today, it said that Jin Zhaocai has two years of driving experience.”

Old Lady Jin was stunned, as she didn’t know about this part.

Upon hearing that, Jin Zhaocai’s entire body turned stiff as the man, who may as well be the Devil himself, continued in a cold voice, “It seems we really need to call the lawyers out this time.”

“Can you show me your driver’s license?”

“I, I …”

“Forging a driver’s license is a criminal offense.”

“No, I didn’t mean it. Someone gave me the idea. That man sold it to me. It really wasn’t me…”

“I don’t want this job, I don’t want it …”

Look at Jin Zhaocai, who was scared to death. Wei Mingyan patted the person in his arms and quirked his lips in mockery. “Too late.”

“Jingshu, call the police.”

Qi Jingshu obediently took out her mobile phone and pressed it. Old Lady Jin, seeing that her son was going to be arrested and sent to jail, pounced on her like a mad woman. “How dare you!? Don’t you dare!!!”

Wei Mingyan protected her and watched Qi Jingshu successfully dial the number. He then noticed Zhao Guang and Cao Jing standing off to the side. As they looked over, he gave a small smile when they saw him.

That smile outwardly looked very gentle and friendly, making Cao Jing’s heart skip a beat. She then discovered for the first time that there was actually someone more likeable than Zhao Guang.

Zhao Guang saw this smile, but it was as if he had seen a monster. He pulled Cao Jing as he staggered back a few steps and grabbed her hand with great force.

“Eh!! What are you doing!!”

She was a lady with a princess’s temper. For today, she had dressed up extravagantly, and was wearing high heels. She almost fell down because of such tugging, so she immediately lost her temper at her husband.