5.6

Sister-in-law Qi has worked for so many years and was very dedicated to her job. Except for the time when her husband was injured, she hasn't taken any vacations at all. But this day, for the sake of her daughter's school transfer, she took a day off and sent her child to a new school. She watched her daughter sit down timidly. The gentle female teacher introduced their new classmate with a smile, and the children around her applauded for her. She felt worried but also relieved.

Before picking a school, she had a hard time finding connections on her father's side, the headmaster of the school where Qi Jiayu had transferred.

The headmaster told her that the teachers in this class were the best-tempered teachers in their school, which made Sister-in-law Qi feel at ease and at the same time made her recall the old teacher, Teacher Wei.

When her daughter entered the school, it was said that this Teacher Wei was the most good-tempered teacher in the school.

According to Jingshu, it was Teacher Wei who first found out that Jiayu was being bullied by her classmates, and it was his suggestion to transfer to another school.

He was a good teacher, but unfortunately the school wouldn't do anything about it.

Sister-in-law Qi took a rare leave of absence, and returned in the middle of the afternoon. Today, Qi Jingshu was supposed to be at home, but a company called her to go for an interview, so she went to the school instead.

Thinking that her sister-in-law was busy looking for a job and cooking for them these days, Sister-in-law Qi went to the market and chose some of Qi Jiayu's favorite dishes, ready to show her skills tonight.

While she was walking deep into the vegetable market, she was choosing vegetables and was about to buy some roast chicken that Qi Jiayu liked, only to find that there was only one left in the booth, and that remaining one was currently held by a handsome man with a gentle smile.

"Thank you."

Wei Mingyan paid for the item, took the bag from the cashier, and walked on. He didn't notice the sister-in-law of the person he liked watching him behind his back.

Sister-in-law Qi continued to look at the slender handsome man politely thanking the cashier and leaving, before she proceeded with picking and choosing her groceries. She looked gentle and sighed, a man like Teacher Wei could cook.

He's good-tempered, can cook, and she wondered if he had a girlfriend.

Qi Jiayu just transferred schools, and Wei Mingyan continued to move forward. Sister-in-law Qi felt embarrassed and couldn't manage to come over and greet him. There was no roast chicken left anyways, so she went home.

She also remembered in her heart that Qi Jingshu hadn't bought new clothes for a long time. Her sister-in-law was good at everything, but she was just too harsh on herself. As a young girl, how could she not dress well?

Thinking like this, Sister-in-law Qi turned to the clothes shop and chose some dresses for Qi Jingshu.

When she went back after buying good things with satisfaction, she walked in the alley leading to her home, and saw several teenagers with colorful hair, laughing and walking onwards with rods in their hands.

Sister-in-law Qi was dressed in ordinary clothes today, and she was carrying food and clothes she had just bought in bags. The few hoodlums didn't even realize that this person was actually an officer, and didn't hide their ill intent in the slightest as they walked forward.

"When no one else is around, I'll yell and hold that guy down, got it?"

"Don't worry big brother, don't you know how the brothers work? We're guaranteed to beat the shit out of that bastard."