2.7

Children will always be the first to spread the news. They run in front and behind them; a car with big red flowers tied on it, moved slowly. It's very conspicuous.

The door opened and Wei Mingyan got down.

Looking at the handsome man standing by the car, the villagers' eyes lit up.

He looks good, the villagers knew that he was good looking, but the usual Hun Zi would always bow to Long-ge, while slowly walking behind. His clothes were sloppy and unwashed, even if it was yellow and smelly, he would still wear it on his body. You can smell the odor of oil from far away.

If it weren't for the fact that he saved Yi Zhilan in the water, Yi Zhilan would never have liked him. Later, after the two were together, he was urged by Yi Zhilan to not be so sloppy.

But now, he is dressed in a straight suit, with black shiny leather shoes on his feet. A slender figure, with a grinning face. The people-watching were stunned.

It's really the saying 'A prodigal son who returns is more precious than gold'.

(浪子回头金不换 [làng zǐ huí tóu jīn bú huàn] = A prodigal son who returns is more precious than gold; people who didn't take the right path and change their evil ways are extremely valuable.)

They didn't expect Hun Zi to come out and look so handsome.

Wei Mingyan helped Aunt Chen, and Uncle Chen gets off the car first. Then he raised his voice to the villagers who were looking at him. "I lost my parents when I was a child, and I relied on the care of the villagers. I used to be young and ignorant and did a lot of wrong things. Here, taking advantage of this wedding day, I would like to apologize to all of you. Today, I won't accept gifts. I just want to make amends."

The crowd was in an uproar.

No gifts?! There is still such a good thing in the world!

For a while, the whole crowd was full of praise for Wei Mingyan. When they entered the courtyard, they were shocked to see the fish on the table.

Nowadays, each and every family here were parsimonious when it came to spending, meaning, don't ever think about stewing fish or cooking a chicken! But this is a whole fish, a whole chicken! How much does it cost?

The villagers sat down in amazement and watched the dishes being served on the table. They were all real fish and meat! They looked straight at the food, it made these people swallow a lot of saliva.

Wei Mingyan went into the house to pick up the bride. There is no rule that you can't enter without money. But a group of children stopped him at the door. He took out a big bag of candy and sent them off.

(not entering without money = some regions in China have a tradition where the bride's family or some children would block the groom from entering unless he gives them a red packet/gift/etc. In a friendly teasing manner.)

He followed several villagers with blood ties into the house.

When Aunt Chen got out of the car, she entered the room. She stood at the door to Yi Zhilan's room. She was the last barrier.

As a matchmaker and an elder, Aunt Chen stopped him and then let him in.

Wei Mingyan entered the room.

On the kang, Yi Zhilan was wearing a beautiful wedding dress and hung her head embarrassedly. He stepped forward and gently took her hand.

(Kang = platform for sleeping that could be warmed up.)