7.16

Wang Jinchuan grimaced all the way home. He couldn’t help but grimace. Every step he took, his muscles shook with pain, as if someone was cutting with a knife dipped in salt water.

He begged the doctor to prescribe painkillers. As a result, the stupid medicine was useless! When he went to the hospital to return the medicine, they called the police. He had no choice but to drag his aching body back to his hometown.

Wang Jinchuan didn’t dare to confront the police, not to mention the wallet he had stolen before. Just some time ago, he drank too much wine and almost dragged a girl who looked like a student into an alley. This was enough to make him tremble in fear.

What scared him the most was the strange man who suddenly appeared that day.

Just as the man said, from then on, his whole body was in pain, but the hospital couldn’t find the cause. Every night, other patients slept well, he was so weak from the pain that he couldn’t even make a sound.

The girl smashed a stone at his crotch, the injury was easily healed, but it also left after-effects. Previously Wang Jinchuan said he would try his best to look for the girl to get revenge. But now, he was in severe pain every day, his face was blue, how could he find the time to care about that?

Before, he stole money, and also ate and ran. He tried to do the same thing again, and steal things. As a result, walking in pain was a problem. Before he stretched out his hand, he was caught red-handed. There was no way out, only then did he think of coming back to his hometown. At least there was that yellow-faced woman at home who could serve him.    

(TNote: yellow-faced woman = derogatory, it describes a woman who has married for a long time, she has aged with the burden of housework. The yellow refers to aging/fading looks.)

Seeing that he was almost there, Wang Jinchuan stopped to take a breath like an old man. His whole body hurt, especially his legs, so he couldn’t stand straight.

And his shoulders, sore and uncomfortable.

He was trying to reach out and rub his shoulder when he suddenly thought of the red eyes he saw that day. His hand stiffened, and was released somewhat unnaturally.

The man kept reassuring himself in his heart that it was all fake. It was the young priest that lied to him. It must be something like a trick. There was no ghost in the world, and there was nothing on his shoulder.

Thinking, he pushed the door open and shouted, “Where’s everyone? I’m back.” 

The room was empty, there was dust on the desk that hadn’t been wiped for a long time, and there were even large cobwebs in the corners.

It could be seen that this house hadn’t been inhabited for a long time.

The man’s brow furrowed as he roamed around the house, confirming the fact.

His wife took her things, and they disappeared.

Even if his wife was gone, his son was gone too! Wang Jinchuan looked gloomy and hit the table with a fist.

“F*ck!”

Then, the stiffness was so painful that he couldn’t move for a long time.

He turned his neck, only to find it stiff and uncomfortable. He thought, that b*tch must have taken their son back to her maternal family.

When Wang Jinchuan drank too much or was in a bad mood, he liked to take it out on his wife and son. Sometimes, when the woman couldn’t stand it, she took their son back to her mother’s house, until he came to pick her up and she would reluctantly come back.