Warmth - Belphie

Disclaimer: I'll mostly be using romaji unless parts of the song are actually sung in english

I've decided to write this a little bit more into his perspective so I hope y'all enjoy that :>

I finished this last night but I forgot to hit publish because I was so tired oops-

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Love. What was it? And how could someone explain it? Belphie didn't know, and quite frankly he was too lazy to really delve in and think about it. All he knew is that he felt it towards you.

Every single time he passed you or talked to you, he could feel his cheeks and chest grow warm. He would start to smile and talk more around you.

He thought nobody would notice that much until Asmo pointed it out. And apparently, Asmo also noticed that Belphie would speak in a softer tone with you, and move his hair from his eyes a bit so he could see you better.

Needless to say, Belphie was deeply in love with you and didn't know how to deal with it. It was so frustrating because he could never find the courage to tell you.

He couldn't even find a way to talk to you without sounding like a jerk. His heart was in his throat.

He pondered about this while laying on the common room couch. He couldn't seem to sleep oddly enough. Maybe it was because you weren't home and he kept worrying that some lowly demon would try and attack you.

"Hey, Bel! I'm back." You chirped as you came into the common room.

'Welcome back! I missed you.'

...Is what he wanted to say.

"Oh." Was the only thing he managed to say.

"Aw...not happy to see me?" You joked.

'I am...I really am and I wish you could just stay by my side forever...'

"I didn't know you'd be coming back this early." Belphie said.

'But now that you're back I can sleep knowing you're okay. Let's take a nap together, I miss your touch...'

"I was about to take a nap..." Belphie said in a monotonous voice.

"And- oh...okay. Then...maybe we can go out later?" You tried hiding your disappointment.

Belphie was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn't even catch what you said before. Now he felt like an idiot.

'I'd love to go out with you...wherever it is, I don't care as long as it makes you happy.'

"Y-Yeah that's cool." He shrugged. Man he wanted to facepalm himself so badly.

"We don't have to if you don't want to." You chuckled nervously.

'I do...I really want to but I can't get my damn words out...'

"Well if you insist." He joked, trying to make some light out of this situation.