Chapter 2 - Introductions

A few moments of excruciating silence passed until someone apparated inside the room. Long, curly, black hair was bouncing with excitement at the sight of its next victim for torture. Joanna had heard of Bellatrix from Sirius and Regulus but had not been graced by her presence until that very instant. And oh was she in for an introduction...

"Baby cousin got a gift? For me? How. Very. Kind." she cackled.

"Just do what is needed and nothing more," Regulus answered.

"Oh don't get all serious with me now, eh? I'm not talking with the wrong cousin, am I?" she continued laughing.

At that, Joanna sarcastically chuckled.

"Got something to say, love? I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Bella."

"Let's skip the pleasantries, I know all about you and your blind submission to Voldemort. It's kind of pathetic, really, you act more like a dog than Sirius." was Joanna's remark.

Instantly, Joanna felt pins and needles spread all across the right side of her face as blood dribbled from her cheek.

"Don't get too chatty with me now, love. Need I remind you you're our guest, hm?"

Regulus had turned away from the spell but faced his friend again. Could he still call her a friend? Surely his brother would be furious and unforgiving. But with Joanna, who was always willing to forgive and forget, he did not know anymore.

"Take her to the foyer. I want an audience for this since I so obviously thirst for the attention, isn't that right, Potter?" Bellatrix threw Joanna's words right back at her.

"Hurt me all you want, you won't get me to do anything for you." countered Joanna.

"We'll see about that in a jiffy, love. Regulus now." Bella turned her heels for the door to the main chamber.

Regulus did as he was told. At first, Joanna thought her heart was the one beating a thousand miles per minute but she soon realized it was Regulus' that would leap out of his chest right then and there if it could. She felt a pang of pity for him and briefly closed her eyes.

"Reg if you help me out you can come with me. I'll make sure they let you in the Order," she muttered under her breath.

He slowed his pace and stopped breathing for a second while entertaining the thought of running away like his brother did a couple of years ago. He shook that thought out of his head.

"Shut it, Jo. You are only going to make it worse for yourself." was all he could say.

"They are going to find me eventually and when they do you can join us. Come on, don't be stupid --" Joanna confessed.

"I'm being stupid? I'm doing what is going to keep me alive, Joanna, so don't mess it up for me or else --" Regulus argued.

"Or else what? You'll kill me? I mean, you are supposed to do that anyway so why not do that right here right now" she admitted.

"Is that talking I hear? Don't get so loose-lipped with me, JJ.

We don't need another bark from you, we've already got cousin Siri for that and we'll get him soon too." taunted Bella in a sing-song voice.

Regulus flinched at the mention of his brother's name again, no doubt still feeling something for him despite them fighting on opposite sides of the war.

They came to a stop at what Joanna assumed was the 'foyer'. There she spotted an absurdly hairy and beastly looking man, and the ever so pale pair of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy.

'Great, a family reunion' she thought. 'Can't get more lively than this!'