Chapter 57 - Crystal Clear

An adrenaline rush. When face-to-face with danger, it helps quicken the reflexes and numb the senses. After you defeat your opponent, whether it be a disgruntled dragon or pompous wizard, you're left with the rapid beating of your own heart. Energy is coursing through your veins and you only hear the faint buzzing in your head. You have this urge to do it all over again. Let me face the grizzly beast one more time. You are on the balls of your feet ready to pounce on whoever has crossed you. You don't want the feeling to leave.

The Order of the Phoenix had an eventful week with successful missions from all of its members. The Prewett twins were able to prevent a small muggle town from getting burned down by Antonin Dolohov. Marlene and Kate stopped another shipment of purple fire. Jo, Sirius, and Remus helped capture a muggle who had been imperiod by Rabastan Lestrange. And Peter got Mad-Eye a lead on Bellatrix and Rodolphus. Wizards were flooing in and out of Order headquarters at all times and Moody was constantly receiving patronuses from Dumbledore and the Ministry.

Under the freckled night sky, Jo had her hands overhead, feeling the wind nipping at her face and messing up her hair as Sirius flew them over London with his motorbike. She was in a rush, a high. The bright stars and their constellations briefly reminded her of astronomy class and the tower, making her stomach fill up with butterflies. She buried her face in Sirius's dark curls. He had given her his only helmet and goggles to wear.

"Too scary for you?" She heard him ask.

"Not at all, I just needed to remind myself this is real," she shouted.

He countered, "Now you know why I like the bike." He turned his head around to catch a glimpse of her. A huge smile was plastered across his face.

"When you're this high above everything else, it's impossible not to," she answered.

They were on the outskirts of London now. Sirius decided to land on a lavender field. Jo pressed on the counterfeit coin in her pocket. The only light surrounding them was on the tips of their wands.

He whispered, leaning closer to her ear, "Ever been here before?"

"No. We rarely visited London. I think one of the only times we've gone was when Dad had to update his patent for Sleekeasy's at the Ministry and brought us along," she revealed as she took off the headgear.

"You have been deprived of culture, Potter," Sirius shook his head.

She chuckled, "I can't imagine the horror you must be feeling, Black."

They laughed it off before Sirius continued, "Uncle Al would sneak us here when the family galas would get dreadfully boring. Andy used to call this the 'misfits' field' and whenever Al would begin to round us up, we'd scramble to stop Reggie from blurting out where we were going."

"You guys used to call this beautiful place 'the misfits' field'? The utter blasphemy..." She teased. Sirius had unconsciously called his brother Reggie. He did miss him, she thought.

He scratched the back of his neck, "It just made sense. What else would we have called it?"

Jo rolled her eyes before asking, "When was the last time you came to the misfits' field."

She hoped he wouldn't mind. The Black family was a sore subject, but at least he had one decent memory.

Sirius stood silent for a moment. He stared up at the sky. Then he fixed his gaze on the ground as he said, "When I was 15. Andy had already left with Ted. Reg stopped coming during his third year. And I... ran away shortly after."

Right as Joanna wrapped her hand around his, they spotted two figures looming above in the dark void. And two pops were heard to their left.

"How are we supposed to get some butterbeer here?" Kate grumbled as she hopped off her broom with Marlene.