Chapter 30 - Little Bean

Lily could not stop staring at the miniature blue lines she was holding in front of her. She simply couldn't believe it. From the toilet seat, she frantically yelled at her sister to come into the bathroom.

Out of breath from running up the stairs in a hurry, Jo shouted as she opened the door, "WHA-WHAT'S WRON-- Are those what I think they are?"

Lily merely nodded and hummed in response.

Both of their eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets at the revelation - or rather the four pregnancy tests Lily took that morning while the boys were out doing a task.

"Dear Merlin, I'm going to be an auntie!" Jo squealed with excitement and went on to squeeze the life out of Lily.

"And I'm going to be a mummy!" the red-head shrieked, out of breath from the bear hug.

The girls started to laugh which led to happy crying and then Lily whispered, "Holy cricket, Jo, I'm scared."

Joanna rambled, "James should be scared, I can't believe he's actually going to be a dad. He's practically a child himself, he--"

"But what if we messed up with this?" Lily interrupted.

"What do you mean, Lils?" Jo stated with a confused tone.

Lily hesitantly elaborated her point, "I mean we're in the middle of a wizarding war, Joanna. How can a child be raised during all of this?"

Jo stared into the set of bright, green eyes that had enraptured her older brother since his first day at Hogwarts.

She secretly hoped that her niece or nephew would share that in common with his mother before she went on to say, "You didn't mess up because you and my brother love each other immensely. That's more than enough to raise a child with the same amount of love and tenderness you have for each other. You are going to be the best parents to that baby, perhaps even more so because of this bloody war."

Lily blushed at the comment and was instantly assuaged, "Thank you. You know, I love you like a sister, right?"

Jo agreed, "I love you because you are my sister, Lily."

"You're going to be a great auntie, Joanna," Lily declared.

"I can already feel it, I'm going to be the coolest aunt to that little bean. Let's just hope they turn out more like you than my darling brother," Jo teased.

The girls' giggles echoed in the bathroom until they were back to crying tears of joy that crisp, autumn morning.

A/N: So another lil ol' time jump to sometime around October-November!! These chapters were so fun and cute to write!