Chapter 47 - Soft

"Maybe one of us should get splinched more often," Sirius jokingly claimed while Jo played with the curls in his hair.

Jo lightly giggled in agreement, trying to ignore the real fact Moody told her to take the rest of the week off.

Sirius continued, "We'll take turns, that way none of us has an advantage over the other."

"Riiight. Mad-Eye won't notice at all," Jo played along with the idea.

Sirius rebuked, "Don't be such a killjoy. If the opportunity presented itself, you'd jump headfirst for some time alone with moi. I know it."

"I think this is all getting to your head. Perhaps I've gone too soft on you," Jo proceeded to playfully nudge his ribs.

Sirius switched his stare from the ceiling to Joanna, "Perhaps, or perhaps my plan is working."

Jo quirked her brow, "And what plan is that?"

He revealed, "For us to stay here. Forever."

She asked, "Really?"

A soft pink was starting to tinge his cheeks as he replied, "Really." He paused for a second. He seemed to be collecting his thoughts, "We just have to stay on this bed. Away from everything and everyone. Not worrying about attacks, or murders, or any more bad guys. Just us."

"Well you're awfully idealistic today, aren't you?" She noted.

"Is that such a bad thing?" He countered.

She explained, "No, but when there are people out there who can get hurt for simply... existing... We should do something about it. Don't you think so?"

Joanna looked up to see him gazing intently at her, "I never thought I would meet such a noble pessimist."

She scoffed at him, "I'm being realistic."

He rolled his eyes and added, "Well here's something realistic for you: when this terrible, messed up war is over, we're coming back to this exact spot and staying here forever."

"This exact spo--" was all she could say.

He interjected, "This very one."

"On this be--" again, interrupted.

He persisted, "Yes, this bed, right here."

She grinned, "Is right now a test run of sorts?"

"This is a trial period to see if we really like it," he stated.

She quipped, "Hmm, I'll have to see. I'm not yet convinced."

"You're right. Something is missing. If we're to stay here forever, we can't possibly spend all this time laying down," he concluded.

She wondered, "What's wrong with cuddling? Is it not manly enough for you?"

"No, it's not that. We need to get our juices flowing." His eyes were elsewhere darting around the room for answers.

"What do you--" Jo questioned before Sirius bounced off the bed and interrupted, "C'mon. Stand up."

"The bed is quite comfortable..." Jo reasoned.

"Up. Up!" He motioned for her to get off as he walked to the desk and sifted the vinyl in the organizer. He excitedly pulled the gray cover off and placed the record on the player.

"Sirius, this is em--" Jo began negating right as Sirius pulled her off the bed, "--barassing."

She reluctantly began moving from side to side while Sirius belted out "This thing called love

I must get 'round to it."

"You're a terrible singer, you know that?" She teased.

"That's why we're dancing, love. Aaaand this is a no-judgment zone," he winked, pulling her closer to him.

She shook her head but gave in to the movement with the music.

He knows how to rock and roll. He drives me crazy. He gives me hot and cold fever.

She was mesmerized by the way his curls bounced up and down his head. The playful smirk he gave her while he dramatically mouthed the words to the rest of the songs. The glittering silver in his hypnotic eyes that bewitched her. The enthusiasm with which he was bouncing up and down and side to side, with his hands clasped firmly around hers so she could mirror his actions too. The way he made her insides feel all mushy and soft. With everything and everyone seeming so far away, she didn't want to admit it to him, but she also wished they could stay there forever. 

A/N: Finally a bit of downtime for Jo and Sirius. She deserves a break, don't you think? Hope you lovelies are enjoying this as much as I am. Xx