Chapter 23 - This Much

Joanna sweetly stared at the sight of her older brother and Lily reciting their heartfelt wedding vows. Sirius noticed the charming glint in Jo's eyes that appeared when the rings were exchanged and her bewitching smile that extended from ear to ear. 'Merlin is she beautiful,' he thought to himself. Joanna snuck a glance to find him already fixated on her. She hoped the blush that was creeping up on her cheeks was not noticeable as she rolled her eyes and motioned for her boyfriend to pay attention to the bride and groom.

The wedding was quaint but filled with lots of love from everyone. Euphemia and Fleamont more than willingly lent their backyard for the event and Marlene, Sirius, Peter, and James set everything up while Lily, Jo, Kate, and Remus prepared the nice dinner and dessert for their small reception.

Finally, James and Lily kissed marking the beginning of their marriage. The little party cheered as James punched the air after years of teasing, wooing, and convincing his now-wife to choose him.

Sirius patted his best friend in the back with pride; ever since his mate mentioned falling head over heels for the redhead, he knew they were meant to be together. Now, Sirius usually wasn't one of those people who actually believed in the idea of soulmates having been brought up in a rather cold and unloving household, but every time his own heart leaped and did somersaults in his chest when Jo walked into the room he understood how James felt for so many years.

"Congratulations, Lils you can no longer run away from my brother! Jo teased.

Lily nudged her shoulder, "Hey! I thought I could trust you as my maid of honor to get me the getaway car!"

"Blimey, Lils. You know Kate and I are the ones for that job," Marlene joked.

Kate added, "Well it's too late now so prepare yourself for an eternity with Jamie."

Shyly Lily responded, "Oh I don't think I'll mind that anymore, James really is something."

"Something horrid you mean. But then again, I'm not the one with him." Marlene bantered before placing a quick peck on Kate's lips.

Quick to defend her new husband Lily argued, "But see you're happy with Katie and she's just as bad as James."

Falsely offended, Kate cautioned, "Do not compare me with him, Lily Jane Evans - err - Potter! We could not be more different."

Joanna playfully countered her friend, "Honestly, sometimes I can't tell the difference between you two."

"You're one to talk to, love. Black's even worse!" Kate retorted before they all giggled in unison.

Marlene put on an air of false sophistication trying to imitate her transfiguration professor, "Alright then I think we've all made some questionable choices and will have to live with the consequences of our actions. Let's not make Lily feel bad on her special day."

"You could never do that, but I appreciate the effort," Lily said in between laughs.

Their debate was cut short when Mrs. Potter shouted, "Time to cut the cake!"

Naturally, Remus and Sirius managed to dunk James' head on the cake smearing him and his glasses with cream frosting.

Always one to look at the bright side, James tried to lick off all the frosting around his lips before stating, "Holy cricket, this cake is delicious. You really outdid yourself, Lily."

"James wash off before we take the group pictures please," Euphemia reprimanded but not without a small grin on her face.

The hours flew by as everyone reminisced about their days at Hogwarts, specifically revolving around James making a fool of himself in front of Lily and Lily not having it at all with him. Soon, people started to leave to let the newlyweds enjoy some time alone together or rather, to avoid having to clean everything up (something Kate was particularly not keen on doing).