Chapter 7 - She Knows

Joanna was still shivering. Goosebumps were painted all over her skin. She lay in a bed that was not her own. Crimson trickled from the scratches on her neck.

The werewolf's back was facing Joanna as he grabbed her clothes off the floor.

He turned around still smiling with satisfaction, "Time to dress you up."

Darkness overtook Joanna as she tried to envision an escape.

Freshly baked pastries had their scent wafting through the living room. Her mom and Lily had just taken some cinnamon rolls out of the oven while Joana and Kate sat on the couch preparing their appetites for the scrumptious sweets. They were also getting ready to race to the kitchen before the boys would come and steal everyone's sharing. Joanna could almost taste the sweet cream icing on the treat before the searing pain from her neck flared up again.

She held onto the scent to try to cope with the pain. She did not even notice when the death eater had actually dressed her completely. 'As if that matters anymore' was her slightly cynical thought.

Regulus entered the room, his hands fidgeting with the buttons on his dark sleeve. He was nervous, 'but what for?' Joanna observed.

"Time to go. You can leave her to me, Greyback." commanded the youngest Black.

Greyback began, "Madam Bellatrix said --"

"Madam Bellatrix is not here and I'm next in the ranks so you listen to me... wolf," a look of contempt splattered on Regulus's face.

The 'wolf' left the room disgruntled but Regulus kept his ground, he was a Black after all.

"Thank you," Joanna's murmur was so low Reg almost couldn't hear it.

"You shouldn't have to thank me," he whispered.

His reason followed, "I'm the one who brought you here in the first place."

Both remained silent afterward unsure of what to say in a situation like this.

She broke the silence with a funny remark, "Good to know I'm worth a fancy sword."

That seemed to ease the tension between them when Regulus lightly laughed. His smile reminded her of how alike he was to Sirius and yet the dark scrawlings on his left forearm said otherwise.

"Yeah Sirius always had an eye for good things," he commented absent-mindedly.

She used that as the 'perfect' time: "And I'm sure he'll let you back in again."

"No. Not after what I did to you," his tone faltered.

She started, "Reg I'll tell him not --"

"No. You should tell him everything and he won't ever want to see me," he sounded resolute.

Although naive she persisted, "Reg I know what it feels like - to be thought of as second-best. To be the other one: the other Potter, the other Black. But it doesn't have to be that way, not if you do what's right."

"It's not so simple Jo, can't you see? If I go you'll all just have another target on your backs. My parents will disown me. I won't be of any use to you." Regulus argued.

"You'll be of plenty use, Reg, especially to Sirius - he needs his brother right now more than anything." was Joanna's rebuttal.

Without thinking, he said, "I'm sure James is more than enough."

Joanna paused and stared at Regulus. He continued with a more apologetic voice, "You know I don't mean it like that."

"I know," she replied.

A/N: Haha cue the title track. Not much happened but here we can see the connection between Reg and Jo as the younger siblings of their families - it's tough. Xx lovelies.