Chapter 19 - Sister

February 8th, 1979

My dearest Joanna,

I hope you are doing well in all your classes - though I should not be worried since you have always been an exceptional student.

I am writing to inform you that your brother and I have finally set a date for the wedding in which all our schedules will be relatively free. Also taking into consideration your time at Hogwarts, we have decided to have a small summer wedding. It will be set for the 29th of June! James said it seems so far away but I like to think otherwise... In just a few months you'll be graduating and I'll be getting married to your brother! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know since you will be my bridesmaid (and maid of honor, I hope) and because you already feel like my sister.

Please continue working hard and before you know it all of us will be together soon!

Much love,

Lily

P.S. Please let Kate know about the date and that she is also going to be my bridesmaid. Sending you all kisses!

Jo folded up the parchment, careful not to spill any pumpkin juice over it, and tucked it in her robes. Kate was not a morning person and it was one of those days Joanna was left to eat breakfast alone after unsuccessfully trying to wake her friend at a reasonable hour. She would have to tell her friend the good news later. After hastily finishing her piece of toast and jam, Jo decided to head on early to class to start writing back to Lily.

A month or so had passed since Jo had gone back to school and she was gradually becoming her old self again. Nonetheless, she still changed in a few ways, like how she looked over her shoulder when crossing an empty corridor, or how she warily opened every letter she got, or how she would go to sleep with her wand in hand. She also wondered what Regulus was up to, had he been found out and punished, or was he rewarded and praised? Did he continue loving the pureblood fanaticism of Voldemort or was he beginning to question where his loyalties lay? 'As if I could have changed his mind' she remarked, unsure if the whole incident was enough for him to finally pick right. She shook her head as if to jumble all her thoughts and worries and proceeded to her first class.

A/N: The next chapters will start getting heated up once again! Get ready for a time jump!! xx