Chapter 6 - The Potter House

Years had passed since Joanna was in her warm bed with Sirius. That's how long it felt to Joanna. Anyway, the amount of torture she had endured had long surpassed any yearly limit.

Joanna was drinking butterbeer with Sirius in the little clearing near the Potter house. The sun was beginning to set. Fireflies blanketed the trees surrounding them. James and Remus were still inside fetching some more snacks and Lily had gone to the washroom. Peter was trying to find some magical flower that caught his eye a couple of visits ago with Kate and Marlene as his not-so-willing assistants. And Joanna was alone with Sirius in the little clearing near the Potter house.

"Time to move her. It's less fun when they're so submissive." Bella complained.

Someone grabbed Joanna and that's when she snapped out of her most treasured memory. The petrifying spell began to wear off her; she could feel spikes pinching her limbs and throat with every step Regulus took. She could feel his piercing gaze on her. Defeat was not an option and so she did not look back.

"The moon is up." was all the Slytherin could concoct, hoping she would understand.

Finally, she stirred and lightly nodded. She let out a heavy exhale.

"Mistress Lestrange, I have a message to be passed." The house-elf stated.

Annoyed, Bella declared, "Alright then tell me what, elf"

"Dumbledore would like the Dark Lord to release Ms. Potter" the timid creature revealed.

Bella thought out loud, "HA! That old sack thinks himself funny, doesn't he?"

"He says he is willing to trade the sword for Ms. Potter. He says to meet at the --"

"Dumbledore does not tell me what to do." Bella paused before continuing, "You can tell him we will meet at the Forbidden Forest. The girl for the sword." 

Bella believed that was an easy exchange. Deep down she knew Joanna was not going to fess up to anything. 'Why let them think we gave up? This is perfect!' bounced around in Lestrange's mind.

Regulus was trailing behind Bella and the elf. He needed to know the plan. He could not afford to blow it.

"Fenrir you can take JJ from here to the guest room, get her ready to go back home," insinuated Bella.

"Yes --" Fenrir began but was interrupted.

"I can do that myself Bellatrix I don't see why that should change." Regulus nervously argued.

Bellatrix stared him down, "Little cousin, let me take the load off you, and don't make me regret it."

If he continued further she could grow suspicious of the whole thing. Greyback had to almost pry the Potter off of the Black. Joanna grimaced at the touch of the meaty hands and claws. Her heart picked up its pace again.

The werewolf leaned close to her ear, "You'll behave, won't you, love?" and a smug grin flashed across his scar-ridden face.

Shivers went down all along Joanna's spine. She tried to focus on the scars that reminded her of Remus and how her friends would rescue her soon.

 She tried to focus on the scars that reminded her of Remus and how her friends would rescue her soon