Chapter 48 - Under lock and key

Their lips crashed onto each other fervently. One minute they were dancing, carefree, to David Bowie, and the next Jo felt a pull to the rosy pieces of skin on Sirius's face. She had been lulled into it, in a trancelike state, as if it was the most natural thing - like falling asleep - as if she had always known she would end up with him in that instant. His hands playing with the knots in her hair, hers holding to the back of his neck perfectly with all the grooves in his lean body contouring for her own. The music seemed to have lowered in volume, fading away with the rest of the world.

It wasn't the first time they kissed, but it felt different that time around, special. With everything going on around them -- cursed best friends and hidden family -- it was one of those memorable, yearning kisses, the ones you keep hidden inside a locked box for a rainy day, the ones that leave a lingering, buzzing feeling on your lips for days on end.

Jo slightly winced when Sirius gripped her shoulder to steady themselves. Her splinched arm had already healed but was still sore.

Sirius muttered between kisses, "Sorry, love. Forgot."

Jo merely hummed in response, relishing his touch despite the temporary pain. Sirius's eyes suddenly lit up. A smug grin emerged on his face as he pulled away.

Jo whined a little until he spoke, "Let me make it up to you..."

She replied, "And how can you possibly do that?"

Sirius stuck out his finger to silence her and began to trail kisses down her neck. Each one lasting longer than the previous one. She giggled as his lips came into contact with the marks on her skin: it tickled. Her melodious laugh resounded throughout the room, encouraging Sirius further; he spent more time tracing each of her scars with his lips while her fingers ruffled through his unkempt hair. Eventually, he reached the injured joint that was covered up, looking up at her while he slowly brushed off the bandages.

It was ironic, really. She was still recovering from having a chunk of her arm getting torn off, but she felt oddly whole -- something she hadn't felt in a long time. The scars on her neck no longer felt ugly or stupid or out of place because the giggles she let out when Sirius brushed them with his swollen lips and caressed them with his slender fingers were good. It meant she was happy and not grieving over lost friendships or dead parents or darker days. A shiver went down her spine and Joanna was beginning to think Sirius was actually up to something with his splinching plan.

A warm feeling permeated through her body. She wished she could have it bottled up -- the fluttering of wings that made her chest feel tight and her head slightly dizzy, like getting up too quickly but knowing someone is there to catch you and hold you tight. The wings that would beat around your stomach and your heart so much you were left breathless from the overload of fresh air and freedom.

Sirius continued sucking on her raw skin, adding more purple marks than there should have been, but Jo didn't mind. She was able to breathe easily again.

The music continued echoing from afar, but Bowie had stopped singing long ago.

Oh, look what has happened with just one kiss. I never knew that I could be in love like this. It's crazy but it's true. I only wanna be with you. 

A/N: Another fluff piece, but I couldn't stand not giving them their adorable, happy moment.