Chapter 5 - Trance

"James breathe" Remus tried soothing his flatmate once he shared the news with everyone that night.

His goal obviously was not achieved when James bellowed, "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BREATHE WHEN MY SISTER COULD VERY WELL NOT BE?!?"

Sirius had not said a word the entire time. He stared blankly at the wall where the group picture hung.

"We can't help her if you go ballistic at the manor" was all Moony could come up with.

James' voice was thick with irritation and frustration while trying to put a 'calm' front, "Ok so what is the plan, Remus? Please enlighten me so we can get my sister back."

Suddenly a knock came from the entrance. The boys all stared at the door momentarily without doing anything. What if they were next?

'Well, it's not like a death eater would kindly knock and ask for permission to kill me' rationalized Remus.

Oddly enough, Peter stood up to answer; in walked Lily and Kate in a hurry.

"Took you long enough it's not like someone's dying, right?" grumbled Kate.

Peter's mousy voice filled the room with what everyone was thinking, "We thought you could be... them...."

Lily went to hug James and Sirius. Sirius seemed to snap out of his trance at Lily's warm embrace.

"How did it even happen?" the ever-so-curious Kate questioned.

For the first time, Sirius said, "We don't know."

"It doesn't matter how my sister got captured, what matters is how we'll get her back which is exactly what Moony here was going to tell us," James revealed.

Remus continued, "Right. This is what I have in mind..."