Chapter 53:

A/N: I loved reading all of your comments on the last chapter… I want you all to keep this in mind “Nothing is as it seems” While you read this story… That’s all I’m going to say. Enjoy this chapter.

Eva’s POV

“Who are you texting?” I ask a giggling Niall.

“No one.” He lies.

“Really? Because you’re blushing.” I pinch his cheek, he swats my hand away. I laugh and sit down next to him.

“If I tell you, you can’t be mad at me.” He puts his phone down and turns to face me.

“Oo-kay, now I’m nervous.” I laugh softly.

“Holly, I’m talking to Holly.” He looks down at his lap.

“My co-worker slash friend Holly?” I clarify.

“Yeah.” He says nervously.

“Aw, you two are perfect for each other.” I clap my hands excitedly.

“You don’t mind that we are talking?” He raises his eyebrows, shocked.

“Why would I be?”

“Cause, we are supposed to be ‘dating’.” He made air quotes when he said ‘dating’.

“About that… um… I don’t want to pretend to be together anymore.” I feel like I’m actually breaking up with him.

“I was going to tell you when I got back last night, but you were sleeping when I got home.” I add.

“Really? Why?” He asks.

“I want to move on and I can’t really do that if I’m fake dating you.” I laugh quietly.

“Wait, seriously?” He raises his eyebrows.

“Yupp, don’t make a big deal out of it.” I stand up and walk to the kitchen.

“Oooookay.” He drags out.

“I’m heading to work, I’ll talk to you later.” I grab an apple and my purse, and walk to the front door.

“Okay, see you.” He waves.

As soon as I get to work I tease Holly about Niall… She tells me they ran into each other at a restaurant the day after I left for London. They started talking and exchanged numbers, and they haven’t stopped talking since. I’m glad they found each other, they both deserve to be happy. They are actually going on a date tomorrow night, hopefully it goes well.

“I need those financial specs on my desk in an hour.” Harry pokes his head out of his office.

“Yes, sir.” I nod, a quizzical look spreads over his face.

“Anything else?” I ask.

“Um—not right now.” He nods. I nod in reply and go back to the financial specs.

“Here you go. Can I go to lunch?” I ask Harry as I place the specs on his desk.

“Yeah sure, just make sure you’re back in an hour.” He nods. 

“Okay.” I nod and walk out of his office. I grab my phone and my purse before I leave my office and go to a little diner for lunch.

“Are you waiting for someone or—“ An older women with red hair asks.