Chapter 60:

A/N: Due to a really busy work and school schedule, and not having the time to write… I’ll be posting one chapter a week for a while. I will post on Thursday’s! If I’m able to post twice a week I will, but I  honestly wouldn’t count on that at the moment. I’m sorry I can’t post more ( I wish I could) but having to post twice a week is stressing me out and I think it’s reflecting on the chapters… I hope you like this chapter…

 p.s. i didn't edit this! 

Eva’s POV

“How’s your arm doing?” Jake asks. I’ve had to keep my arm out of the pool (due to the stitches) and it’s awkward and hard as hell.

“Still hurts a bit, but it’s tolerable.” I tell him.

“That’s good.” He smiles. We are laying on lounge chairs by the side of the pool, sunning.

“So, you like LA?” I ask him.

“Yeah, I love the weather.” He chuckles softly.

“Same. I could get used to this weather year around.” I smile.

“Would you consider actually moving here?” Jake asks.

“I don’t know. I’ve never really given it any thought.” I shrug.

“Maybe if I got a job here.” I add.

“Good point.” He nods.

“I’ve been thinking of looking for a different job… I don’t want to work for Harry anymore… I’m not sure I ever did.” I confess.

“Would you stay in New York?”  He asks.

“I don’t know. My family might move to London in a few months, and Harry’s dad did offer me an amazing job there—“ I trail off.

“That would basically be like working with Harry.” Jake points out.

“Exactly. That’s what I was thinking.” I sigh.

“Maybe he will give you a good recommendation, and help you get a new job.”

“Maybe.” I stand up and walk over to the edge of the pool. I sit down and dangle my feet into the cool water.

“You could look at places here, while you’re in town.” Jake sits next to me.

“Yeah.” I stare down at my feet. We sit in comfortable silence for a while before his growling stomach breaks it.

“Hungry?” I ask.

“Yeah.” He laughs.

“There’s some sandwiches in the fridge, so let’s go eat.” I pat his knee, before I stood up.

“That sounds good.” He smiles, and stands up. We walk to the house and into the kitchen, he gets the tray of sandwiches out of the fridge, I grab the condiments, and we sit down at the center island and make our sandwiches.

As we eat our lunch we ask each other really random questions to get to know each other even better. We’ve only really known each other on a personal level for about a month, but I feel like I’ve known him for a long time. I’m glad we decided to hang out today! By the time Zayn and Perrie get home I can honestly say Jake and I are good friends.

“You two seem to be rather cozy.” Perrie wiggles her eyebrows. We are preparing a salad for dinner while Jake and Zayn are outside grilling some hotdogs and burgers.

“We’re just friends.” I shrug.

“I can see us being more than friends in the future though.” I add quietly.