Chapter 23:

Eva’s POV

"It’s been two weeks and you still won’t talk to me.” Harry states as he drives us to school. I wouldn’t be in his car right now if it wasn’t raining.

“You talk to my parents, but not me.” He is confused. He is so stupid, how does he not get it? HE had many opportunities to tell me about Liam, and he didn’t. I opened up to him about my childhood, told him how horrible it was, yet he never told me about Liam. Other than the one time I asked Emily about her progress on finding my birth parents it never came up with her. It constantly came up in mine and Harry’s conversations…

“UGH!” he groans when I don’t respond. I inhale and exhale as I rest my head on the window. I’m so tired of having this conversation with Harry. He needs to realize why I can’t forgive him, himself. Harry curses under his breath and slams his fists on the steering wheel.

“Calm down.” I mumble.

“Calm down? You want me to calm down?” he shouts.

“Tell me, how am I supposed to calm down when you won’t fucking forgive me!” He yells as he pulls into the school parking lot.

“Why do you care so much?” I ask quietly.

“Because I do.” He snaps.

“If you cared about me you would’ve told me about Liam.” I unbuckle my seatbelt, grab my bags, and get out of the car.

“I couldn’t.” he says as I slam the car door shut. I quickly walk away from Harry’s car and into the building. I push pass everyone and walk to the staircase close to my first period. Nobody really uses it, so it’s a quiet place to think.

“Eva can we talk?” I look up to see Em standing a few feet away. I nod my head and shrug my shoulders.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She whispers.

“I didn’t tell anyone.” I mumble honestly.

“Harry knew.”

“Yeah because he eavesdropped on one of my phone calls.”  I explain.

“You could’ve of told me. I wouldn’t have judged you.”

“Really, because it seems as if that’s all you and the girls have done these past few weeks.” I’m starting to get irritated. I know I didn’t tell my friends the truth about my life, but it’s not like they were supportive when the truth came out. Which only verifies the reasons I didn’t tell them to begin with.

“I was mad that you didn’t tell me.”

“So instead of coming and talking to me, you push me away, and talk behind my back?” I ask/state.

“I didn’t know what to do when Ellie told me. I was shocked and confused.” She runs her hand through her hair.

“I could’ve explained to help you understand.” I counter.

“Look I’m sorry that I didn’t come talk to you. I should’ve trusted that you had a valid reason to keep it from me.” She apologizes.

“It’s okay. It’s going to take time for me to trust you again though.” I tell her.

“Same here.” She smiles shyly. I can understand that she will have trouble trusting me again. I lied about a lot. This year alone I lied about, Hawaii, family, money, and Harry.

“Can I ask you a question?” she suddenly tenses up.

“Sure.” I’m not sure what she is going to ask me.