Chapter 11:

A/N: A picture of the Styles house, Harry’s room, and Eva’s room on side bar, since I forgot to put it on ch 9 so take a look..

Eva’s POV

 An hour goes by and I still can’t get over the fact that Harry told me I looked hot tonight and he used me to make some girl jealous/leave him alone. I guess it worked, because she has been glaring at me for the past hour, but hasn’t gone near Harry. I’ve been doing my best to ignore her, but no matter where I go she seems to be near. Kind of creepy to be honest.

“Everyone please gather around.” I hear Isaac tell everyone. I follow the crowd and we end up in the living room standing around Isaac and Emily whom is standing in front of the fireplace. A part of me wonders why Harry isn’t standing with them, but then I make eye contact with him right before he steps next to his father. He shoots me a small smiled before turning his attention to his father.

“I want to thank everyone for coming tonight. This is our first Christmas party here in North Carolina and we are so happy all of our new friends and co-workers are here with us. As well as some of our friends and family from Holmes Chapel.” Isaac smiled at all the people standing in front of him.

“So before dinner is served I would like to make a toast.” Emily handed Isaac a bottle of champagne, as someone handed out glasses of champagne and sparkling cider to everyone towards the back of the room (where I am). As I’m about to grab a glass of sparkling cider I hear a loud pop and my heart jumps before it dropped into my stomach.  

“To family and friends.” I hear Isaac cheer. Tears were filling me eyes and it was taking everything in me now to let them fall.

“Are you okay miss?” an older women asked me. I nodded my head and walked out of the living room and out to the back yard. The cold air takes my breath away, but I ignore it and keep walking until a large warm hand grips my wrist to stop me. I didn’t look up I kept my eyes on my feet until that same hand spun me around so I was facing them.

“What happened? Are you okay?” He asked clearly concerned. When I didn’t answer I feel a hand cup my chin before gently pulling it up so I was looking at him.

“What happened? Why are you crying?” Harry asked me. I looked up to meet his eyes and I shook my head.

“It s-sounded like a…” I couldn’t finish my sentence as a sob escaped my lips. He pulled me into his chest and held me so tight I could barely breathe, but I don’t mind.

“It was the champagne bottle it wasn’t a gunshot.” Harry stated clearly knowing what’s wrong. I didn’t say anything I just wrapped my arms around his waist and held onto him just as tight as he’s holding me as I cried into his chest.

“I’m glad I’m wearing a black shirt.” He joked as I sniffled. I try and pull away from him but he tightens his grip, so I can’t move.

“You’re fine I was just teasing you.” He said lightly. I nod and try again to pull away from him-this time he let me.

“Come on let’s get you to the guest house so you can clean yourself up, so my mum doesn’t bombard you with questions.” Harry smiled softly at me. I nodded and he took my hand and led me to the guest house not far from where we were standing. We stepped up to the front door and I watched Harry type a code into a keypad next to the door. I hear a click and Harry opens the door and turns on a light before nudging me inside.

“The bathroom is right over there. I think my mum has some make-up in there. You can use anything you need.” He smiled weakly at me. I just nodded and slowly walked over to the door he directed me to. I opened the door and find the light switch and I switch it on before I start looking in the drawers for the make-up Harry was talking about. I refused to look in the mirror until I had to, because I’m sure I look like crap right now. I find some unopened mascara and eyeliner, so I open them and finally look up into the mirror. I sighed when I saw the mascara that I once wore on my eyelashes all over my cheeks, but mostly under my eyes.