Chapter 7:

A/N: WARNING........this is a very short chapter! I'm sorry I promise the next one will be longer.............. i swear it! :D

Eva's POV

"Go to bed Eva. This is the last time I'm telling you." Mom snaps at me. I sigh and stand up from the couch and walk to my room. It's eleven o'clock and I'm still awake. No matter how tired I am I can't go to sleep, every time I close my eyes I can hear and see the horrible things from the events today. I really hate to admit it but I really want to talk to Harry. I need to thank him for saving my life today and for keeping me safe.

I go to my room and lock the door behind me, put on soft music by the door so no one can hear that I'm awake, so I can cry without waking anyone up. A few minutes pass and I decide to sneak out of my window and go to my spot. I practically run there more out of fear than anything else. When I get to my spot I'm surprised to see Harry sitting there already.

"Can't sleep either?" I ask him. He jumps to his feet ready to attack.

"Oh it's you." He sighs and sits back down. I roll my eyes at his rude comment.

"Are you going to sit or just stand there like a weirdo?" Harry asked me. I take a deep breath and walk over and sat down next to him.

"How did you know where I was today at school?" I ask him after we sit in silence for a while. He shrugs his shoulders while he continues to look at the waves.

"Well thanks..... For um saving my life and keeping me safe." I told him.

"You're welcome. Thanks for wrapping my arm for me. Medics said your actions prevented me from getting an infection." He said with no emotion.

"Welcome." I say as I look out at the moon's reflection on the water. We sit in awkward yet comfortable silence for a while unill I finally asked him what I've been wanting to ask him for a while now.

"How did you know where I live?" I ask. He doesn't say anything he just shrugs his shoulders and avoids eye contact with me.

"Harry, how did you know where I live?" I ask sharply. He looks over at me and takes a deep breath.

"Doesn't matter I just did. Now tell me why are you lying to everyone?" He asks with raised eyebrows.

"Why do you think." I snap at him. His eyes go from green to almost a dark brown.

"Because you're actually poor?" He grinned evilly at me. Tears instantly spring to my eyes and a giant lump forms in my throat. His eyes were full of judgement.

"There's more to it then that." I mumbled.

"Really now?" He asks with raised eyebrows and a smirk on his face. I stand up and walk a few feet away from him.

"You don't know what I've been through. I'm not only poor I'm a foster kid Harry." I shout at him.

"Ev-"

"No I don't care what you have to say. I swear if you tell anyone I will make you're life a living hell." I threaten. He looks a bit shocked but quickly recovers. He stands up and walks over to me.

"If anyone's life will be a living hell if I tell, it will be yours." He says matter of factly.

"My life is already a living hell Harry." I tell him.

"I'm sure if the school knew what you really are they would make your life even worse." He says. I hate knowing he is right.

"Please don't tell anyone." I quietly beg before I walk away and back to my house.

Months pass and the school has been closed (for cleaning and renvovations) the entire time. We have been going to a neighboring school so we aren't in school all summer break. These last few months have been hell for me. A few days after the shooting a list of students killed were released. I found out Nina one of my best friends was killed. I still can't believe she is gone. I miss her so much. Tia and Dylan were also on that horrible list. I might not have liked Tia but I still feel bad that my old foster brother was one of those shooters that horrible day. Nobody knows Matt was one of my foster brothers probably because they don't know I'm a foster kid myself.

I haven't talked to Harry much since that night. I was lucky that our class schedules were mixed up when we moved to the other school so I wasn't with him. But they were switched back when we got back to our school. Today is the second day back at our actual school and it's very strange being back.

"What's wrong with you?" Lizzie asks as I push pass her and Harry to get to Mr. Payne's room. I didn't even realize I pushed passed them until she said something. I've had a bad morning and I don't feel like talking to anyone.

I don't answer I just walk to Mr. Payne's classroom and quickly sit in my chair. I pull out my phone and get on the internet. I go to google and start looking up -

"Why are you looking up apartments?" Harry asks, I jump slightly and quickly lock my phone screen.

"None of your business." I say simply. A part of me wants to tell him that my foster parents told me they were kicking me out once I turn 18, but I don't because I don't want him to make fun of me or laugh at me.

"I won't tell anyone." He adds after a few minutes of silence.

"It doesn't matter Harry I can take care of myself." I tell him. He sighs and turns around to face the front of the room.

A/n: I'm sorry this is short but I don't have much motivation to write this week. I will write the next chapter and make it much longer I promise.

Allie