Chapter 37

A/N: THIS IS #830 IN FANFICTION :) I'm so happy, let's get this number smaller eh? :) 

Eva’s POV

“I don’t think—“ Louis starts but Jolene cuts him off.

“None of your business Louis.” She snaps at him, Eleanor wraps her hand around his bicep, and he closes his mouth.

“Eva?” Jolene pushes me to answer, I look to Liam and Harry for help.

“I don’t-“

“She doesn’t need to answer that.” Harry cuts me off.

“What, do you speak for her?” Carl asks, this isn’t going well….

“No, she is very capable of speaking for herself, but she—“

“We don’t need to have this conversation right now.” Elise states firmly.

“It’s a simple yes or no answer—Eva do you hold it against us?” Jolene pushes again, I look over at Liam and he nods his head.

“Yes.” I answer, her smile falters and she looks over at her husband. He doesn’t really seemed surprised at my answer, but she does.

“And you have every right to hold that against us.” Carl smiles at me.

What?

“Hopefully one day you will look at us differently.” He adds, he nudges his wife and she agrees. So far I like Carl WAY better than Jolene.

“Eva and Harry if you want to come with me I will introduce you to my parents.” I’ve never wanted to go anywhere with Elise more than I do now.

“Sounds good.” Harry mumbles so only I can hear.

“Okay.” I nod at Liam’s parents and follow Elise. Her parents are a lot nicer, and the rest of her family is nice as well. Liam keeps apologizing to me and Harry about his parents, but I know he doesn’t have control over them.

“Lunch will be served in five minutes, so everyone please make their way to the table.” Jolene announces.

“I wish we could go.” I tell Harry as we walk to the table.

“We can if you want.” He offers.

“We should at least stay for lunch.” I groan.

“If you change your mind I will gladly leave.” We both laugh as we look for our names cards, thankfully we are sitting by Louis and Eleanor. Lunch was nice, I was able to get to know Louis and Eleanor a lot better, and they were able to get to know me and Harry.

“I want to thank everyone for coming in town to help us during this trying time—we really do appreciate it.” Liam thanks everyone after everyone finishes lunch. No one has brought up Elise’s cancer, not that I blame them…

“You know we will be there for you no matter what.” One of Elise’s cousins smiled. After some more chit chat everyone disperses to do their own thing.

“I’m ready to go.” I tell Harry.

“Of course, let’s go.” He nods.

“Let me say goodbye to Liam.” I tell him, he nods, and we walk over to Liam.

“We are going to head out.” I tell him.

“Okay I understand. I’m really am sorry about my parents, I didn’t know they would be like that.” Liam apologizes again.