Chapter 2:

Eva's POV

"You are so lucky you get to sit by Harry in two classes. He is so freaking hot." Nina gushed as we walked out of school.

"He is a douche." I replied simply. I have Harry in my second and fourth period, English and Science!

"That's not very nice now is it?" I heard his deep husky British voice say from behind me. I turned around and see Harry standing there with a look of fake hurt plastered on his face.

"Well you're not very nice." I say with no emotion. He didn't reply he just winked at my friends before walking away. I watched as he got into a black Range Rover that has tinted windows. His family must be rich if he is driving that around.

"No wonder he's a douche to you, you're a bitch to him." Ellie laughed.

"Takes one to know one." I replied with a grin on my face.

"Well I'm leaving this place. I got to get home my mom is making me watch the two nightmares." Kay sighed. She has twin sisters that are eleven and they are the definition of spoiled brats. I guess Kay is one too, but she is nicer than they are.

"Eva, do you need a ride home?" Nina asked me.

"Oh no thank you. My mom would throw a fit if you saw our house right now." I said.

"Why's that? I've dropped you off before." She stated confused.

"We are doing renovations and there are ugly dumpsters in our front yard. I'm fine walking. I need the exercise." I smiled at her. She nodded and said she'd text me later. Everyone else followed her, well except Em.

"Are you sure? I can drop you off a block away from your house. It's quite a long walk." Em said once everyone else left.

"Yeah I guess that will be fine. Just don't tell the others I don't need the petty drama." I told her. She nodded and we walked over to her car.

"I don't know why your parents won't buy you a car." She said as we got into her BMW.

"I don't know either. I just stopped fighting them on it." I shrugged.

"Are you doing anything for Labor Day weekend?" She asked as she pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Probably just going to go hang out at the beach. Maybe we can have a bonfire or something." I smiled at her.

"That sounds like a blast. We can invite some people and have a little party." She smiled. I nod and agree with her.

"Well here we are." She said after a few minutes. We are about a block from my house.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." She smiled as I got out of the car. I watched her speed away before I walked in the opposite direction. I want to go to the beach and do my homework. I just can't focus at home. I took the back roads and got to the beach in less than five minutes. I got to my secret spot and sat down and watched the wave's crash into shore. My secret spot is on top of a hill that looks over the ocean. I found it a few years back and I come here to think all the time.

I pull out my books and started on my homework. Luckily I don't have much to do being the first day of school and all. The biggest thing is the paper for English. I have a feeling that Mr. Payne is going to be giving us a lot of papers to do this year.

"Look it here bitchy is here." I hear the now familiar British voice say from behind me.

"Go away Harry." I spat without looking at him.

"Nah, I'm good I like it up here." He said sitting next to me in the sand. I rolled my eyes and went back to writing my English paper.

"You're actually doing that?" He asked shocked. I don't reply I just continue to write the paper.