Chapter 57:

Eva’s POV

I take a deep breath as I approach Harry… I can’t read his expression and it makes me ner—my thoughts are cut off by Harry slamming his body into mine. He wraps his arms tightly around me, holding me as close as he can.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” He nuzzles his face into my neck. Once the shock of him attacking me wears off my emotions from tonight come rushing back to the surface. My knees buckle causing me to collapse in his chest and we slide to the floor. He pulls me in his lap and holds me tight, he rocks back and forth while rubbing my back, while I sob in his chest.

“Sshh, it’s okay.” He whispers.

“You’re safe now.” He continues to try and calm me down, but nothing is going to calm me down right now.

“We’re done here… are you coming back to the station to fill out an official report?” I hear female ask.

“Umm yeah… just hold on a second.” I hear Jake say. He’s leaving?

I feel someone places their hand on my knee, so I look up and see Jake kneeling in front of me…He looks worried and guilty “I have to go down to the station to do some paper work.” He says.

“I will come by your apartment tomorrow morning to check up on you.” He adds, I nod in reply while tears continue to fall down my cheeks.

“I would stay and—“ I place my hand on his chest. “It- ‘its fine.” I tell him.

“Okay, call me if you need anything.” He tells me.

“She’ll be fine.” Harry says, I almost forgot I was sitting on his lap. Shit, I’m sitting on his lap.  

“CSI is packing up their stuff and they will be leaving within the hour.” Jake informs Harry.

“Okay.” Harry answers flatly.

“Cc-can you call and tell my dad—what h-happened?” I ask Jake. I don’t think I could call my dad right now, and I don’t want Niall or Harry to call him… Niall wasn’t there and well Harry is just not an option.

“Yeah, of course—I’ll call him on my way to the station.” He smiles weakly.

“T-thanks.” I try to smile, but I fail miserably.

“I’ll see you in the morning.” Jake tells me, I nod and watch as he stands up, walks around us, tells Niall something, before he disappears out of my sight.

“Eva, we should get going—we have to drop Holly off at home, since her friend already went home.” Niall tells me. I try to push myself out of Harry’s grip/lap, but he tightens his grip not allowing me to move.

“I’ll take her home when she is ready.” Harry snaps. I keep forgetting that Harry still thinks Niall and I were dating and that Niall cheated on me and left me for her…

“Are you okay with that Eva?” Niall asks me.

“I guess.” I nod.

“Alright, text me when you’re on your way.” He tells me.

“I will.” I wipe under my eyes. Niall nods and walks past us and down the stairs probably to find Holly.

“Come on let’s move off the floor.” Harry nudges me off his lap, I get off his lap and stand up, and follow him to a giant grey and white room.

“Is this your room?” I ask him as I look around the room.

“Y-yeah.” He rubs the back of his neck. He knows this is weird having his ex in the bedroom he shares with his fiancé.