Chapter 5:

Eva's POV

I was up all last night staring at my ceiling fan blades turn at full speed. I still can't believe Harry was at my house yesterday. How does he know where i live?

"Eva get up NOW!" Mom yelled as she opened my bedroom door.

"I'm sick I'm not going today." I say simply as I continued to stare at the fan. I have no desire to go to school today and face Harry.

"I don't care you're going, so suck it up and get dressed." She snapped at me before walking or well storming out of my room. Knowing she wasn't going to let me stay home I slid out of bed and grabbed some clothes. I go to the bathroom and do my business before I put on dark skinny jeans and a 3/4 sleeve white and blue stripped t-shirt. I slowly walk back to my room and put on a pair of tan wedges before I grab my bags and head out of the house.

"I better not find out you never showed up at school." Mom snarled at me as I head for the back door. As I got closer to school my anxiety gets worse. I don't want to see Harry, I really don't want to talk to him.

"Eva, did you finish that math homework?" Kay asked me as I walked onto school grounds.

"I didn't do anything last night." I replied. I was too busy panicking about Harry being at my house I couldn't focus on anything else.

"Oh damnit I was going to copy it if you did." She laughed.

"Oh sorry." I chuckled softly. We both walk over to where the girls are, but I panic when I see Harry standing next to Ellie and Em.

"Be nice." Kay joked. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the ground.

"Morning everyone." Kay cheered. Everyone said their hellos while Harry just stared at me.

"Eva can I talk to you real quick?" Harry asked me. They all looked at me waiting for my reply.

"Can't, I have to get to class early." I lied and walk away from my friends and Harry.

History goes by quickly and now I'm stuck sitting next to Harry in English. He actually wasn't trying to get my attention which surprises me. He looked lost in his thoughts. I wonder what he is thinking about? No, I can't care what he is thinking. Mr. Payne begins to tell the class what we are doing to today, but I couldn't focus knowing Harry still wants to talk to me and has been to my house. HE HAS BEEN TO MY HOUSE!!!!!!!

"Okay class is dismissed." Mr. Payne said. I looked up shocked.... I can't believe I zoned out for an hour and a half. I gathered my books and stood up to walk over to Mr. Payne, but Harry stopped me and handed me a piece of paper before walking out of the room.

"Just the person I wanted to talk to." Mr. Payne said when he saw me approach his desk. I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"I noticed you weren't focusing very well today. Is everything okay?" He asked me.

"Yea I just don't feel good. Would you mind if I stay in here during lunch so I can get some work done?" I asked him.

"Yeah that's fine." He smiled. He is always one of the teachers supervising lunch in the cafeteria so I knew I would have the room to myself and I need some alone time to think and maybe even rest a bit. After all I was up all night. After he left the class I walked over to my seat and sat back down. When I placed my books down I spotted the note Harry gave me. I unfolded the note and read his surprisingly nice handwriting.

'Really need to talk to you. Meet me by the track after school -H'

I roll my eyes and tear up the note as I walk over to the trash can. When I get to the trash can I hear multiple loud bangs before I heard a bunch of ear piercing screams. My whole body freezes and I couldn't move I couldn't even blink. After a minute I finally was able to move and I walked out of the classroom and into the hallway. I started looking around for someone to confirm what I already knew, but there was no one around. I started walking to the cafeteria, but before I could take even two steps a hand comes over my mouth and starts to pull me in the opposite direction. I start screaming into the hand and kicking my legs trying to get out of their hold. I'm kicking so hard that my shoes fly off and I'm left bare foot.