Chapter 55:

A/N: ATTENTION: I need everyone well I would like for everyone to follow me, so you can get ALL my messages about updates and what not.... I've been sick for almost two weeks with the flu! I was updating you all on why I wasn't updating, so if you are following me you got those and if you don't follow me you didn't get those ): anyways follow me :D

Read the A/N at the end of the chapter as well please!

*** Sorry this is a day late, I honestly thought I posted this last night, but I realized today that I didn't post it, and I'm posting this now (I just got back from Walmart)***

Eva's POV

"I need you to go to my house and make sure everything is properly set up." Harry pokes his head out of his office.

"Now?" I question. It's only one in the afternoon and I still have a lot of work to do here at the office.

"Yes, I want everything to be ready by the time I get home today."

"Okay."

"Thank you... keep your phone on, so I can contact you." He commands.

"Okay." I nod. I grab my phone and send a quick text to Jake to tell him I'm leaving work, so he can meet me downstairs. It's been almost two weeks since I've been on twenty-four-seven protection and I'm starting to go crazy. I wish they would just catch Jimmy already so my life can go back to normal.

"Can I be unprofessional for a minute?" I ask Harry awkwardly. I've been doing my best to be professional with Harry, since last week.

"Uh...sure." He nods.

"Will Candice be there?"

"I'm not her favorite person and I-" Harry holds up his hand, so I stop talking.

"She is working today-even if she wasn't she would've been fine." He tells me, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Okay... I guess I'll be going." I grab my purse and my phone, and stand up.

"I'll be checking in later, so keep your phone on." Harry reminds me again.

"Yes, sir."

"Back to being 'professional'?" He raises an eyebrow.

"it's how this has to be." I point between us.

"Fine, now go." He tells me sternly. I nod and walk out of the office.

Jake is waiting for me when I get off the elevators, he walks me out and over to his black 2018 Ford Charger.

"Where do we need to go?" He asks.

"Harry's house to make sure everything gets set up for the party later."

"Okay." He nods and pulls out of his parking spot and into traffic. Jake is going to be my 'date' to the party tonight... part of the protection plan to keep me safe. Only Harry and Holly(at work) know that Jake is a detective protecting me, everyone else is going to think we are actually together... at least he is hot (vain I know).

"You seem a bit nervous." Jake speaks up.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"Why are you nervous?" He presses... I guess I'm not that good of a liar.

"Harry's fiancé doesn't really like me, and I don't want to see her." I tell him.

"So she knows of your past with him?" he asks.

"Oh yeah, he just told her last week though."

"Oh." he nods.

"Yeah."