Chapter 36

Eva's POV

Awkward silence… Sitting at the dinner table with Emily and Isaac is nothing but awkward silence. Sure Harry is sitting directly in front of me, but his presence isn't helping the awkwardness. Isaac tried to keep the conversation going during dinner, but the conversation mostly consisted of him talking. We all finished dinner, we're now waiting for someone to break the silence.

“I guess I should start.”  Emily tries to say confidently, but her voice is shaky. I look up at Harry and he gives me a small smile, I take and deep breath and keep my focus on Harry. Harry and I had lunch earlier and he told me to focus on him when I get uncomfortable. I give him a small smile while I wait for Emily to start talking.

“Eva, I want to sincerely apologize for yesterday and how I worded things.” I turn to my right and see Emily staring at me with slightly watery eyes.

“I never meant to imply-- you're a whore or anything like that.” She stares into my eyes, I look down, and back up to Harry.

“Everything came out wrong and I'm so sorry.” A single tear falls out of her eye.

“We know you are both eighteen, dating, live under the same roof, and we know how tempting that can be.” Isaac grabs mine and Harry’s attention.

“You're dating and your rooms are right across the hall from each other—we were teenagers once—“ Isaac trails off, I feel my cheeks heat up.

“Dadddd.” Harry groans, I let out a small giggle, and he playfully glares at me.

“We aren't stupid we know you will do things—“oh dear god.

“We just don't want you taking advantage of the fact that you live together.”

“I really don't want any grandchildren anytime soon.” Emily speaks up.

“I don't intend on having kids anytime soon Mum.” Harry tells her.

“I don't want to repeat my biological parent’s mistakes.” I whisper, Harry gives me a sympathetic look.

“I'm glad we are on the same page—just stay in your own rooms and keep the door open if you’re hanging out watching telly or a movie in your rooms or in the movie room.” Isaac smiles.

"Ok." Harry and I say at the same time.

"I really am sorry for how I said things yesterday.” Emily places her hand on top of mine.

“You're forgiven.” I shoot her a small smile.

“Thank you.” She stands up, walks over to me, and pulls me up in to a hug. I hug her back and feel two more pairs of arms wrap around Emily and myself.

“Group hug.” Harry says into my ear, sending chills down my spine. Everyone pulls away and Harry keeps a hand on my lower back.