Chapter 45:

Eva's POV

“I’ve been good.” I don’t know how else he really expects me to answer him. He doesn’t look surprised by my simple answer, but he does take a second to respond.

“Forget I’m your boss and talk to me normally.” He tells me.

“What is normal?”

“We haven’t talked in almost four years Harry.” I add.

I just want you to relax and not be so uptight.”

“Uptight?” I widen my eyes at him. He is insulting me and we haven’t even gotten our drinks yet…

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way.” He lifts his hand and runs it through his hair.

“How else could I have taken that?” I question.

“Look I don’t want this to feel like a business dinner… I want it to feel like two old friends reconnecting.” He sighs.

“I’ve been fine... I’ve been busy with school and helping my dad take care of the girls.” I answer ‘properly.’

“Its weird hearing you call him your ‘dad’ and I’m still used to your last name.” Harry chuckles awkwardly.

“A lot has changed.” I reply simply.

“How are your sisters? How old are they now?” he smiles.

“Lacey is eight and Lydia is six. They’re great and they love to dance.” I smile as I think about my lovely sisters. I miss them so much.

“They’ve been begging me to let them visit during spring break. They want to come and see “Dylan’s Candy Bar” and “Toys R Us” in Times Square.” I smile. Harry smiles and nods as I talk about my sisters. He’d gotten really close with them before he left me.

“My dad wants to see where I live, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they convince him to bring them up here.” I add.

“He doesn’t know where you live?” Harry cocks his head to the side.

“He knows where I live, but he hasn’t seen it for himself and it’s driving in absolutely nuts.” I laugh softly.

“How long have you been in New York?”

“Only a few months. How about you, because I heard you were living in London.”

“I did move to London to work with my dad, but I was only there for about six months. So I guess I’ve been living here for almost three years.” He shrugs.

"I heard you moved to London two years ago?" The waitress bring us our drinks before giving us ‘a few more minutes to look over the menu’.

“The tilapia is really good here.” My eyes dart up to him in shock. How and why does he still remember I like tilapia?

“What? There are just things I don’t ever forget.” He smirks. I nod in reply and decide to order the tilapia.

“Are you ready to order?” The kind waitress asks. Harry and I order and hand her our menus.

“Who told you I moved to London?” Harry asks.

“I was hanging out with some people from high school and they were talking about it.” I shrug my shoulders. I pick up my glass of wine and take a sip, it’s really good.

“Good?”

“Very, thank you.” I smile.

"I only lasted at NYU for a year before i realized it wasn't where i wanted to be. I went to London right after freshman year was over." He answers me.