Chapter 65:

Harry's POV

It breaks my heart seeing Eva like this. She finally finds peace and happiness in her life and then her husband is killed at work, and she is left with two toddlers. I couldn't imagine what she is going through right now...

"I should go make sure they aren't killing each other." She tries to stand up off my bed.

"I can go check on them if you need another minute." I gently push her back down.

"I can't sit here any longer in self-pity—I need to go be with my kids and get my mind off—" she trails off.

"Okay." I nod. She gets off my bed and walks to the door and opens is slowly.

She stops and turns around "Thank you." She nods, but she doesn't make eye contact.

"Anytime." I smile back, she nods and walks down the hall. I take a few deep breaths before I follow her to the theatre room. Ryan is sleeping on the couch while the girls are sleeping on the floor.

"I should properly take them home." She whisper.

"You guys can stay tonight so you don't have to wake them." I tell her quietly.

"No, I need to take them home." I can see the panic rising again.

"Okay, let me help you get them to the car." I step towards the girls.

"Thanks." She mumbles, as she moves towards Ryan.

"Where you taking Addie, daddy?" Avery asks me.

"She has to go home baby, go back to sleep and I'll be right back to take you to bed." I kiss her forehead before scooping Addie into my arms.

"Ok." Avery nods sleepily before she falls back to sleep. Addie stirs slightly before nuzzling closer into my chest. Eva and I walk down the stairs quietly, we get to her car with both kids still sound asleep.

"Thank you." Eva whispers as I buckle Addie into her car seat.

"Anytime." I smile.

"Harry, you coming." Ryan asks sleepily. Eva and I look at him, confused.

"You coming home with us?" He asks.

"No, baby. Harry's home is here." Eva tells him.

"Okay." He nods and falls back to sleep.

"Sorry about that." She tells me, closing the passenger door.

"Nothing to apologize for."

"I should get them home... I'll talk to you later." She walks around the car to the drivers side.