Chapter 61:

A/N: Sorry I didn’t post last week, but I just couldn’t bring myself to sit down and write after the whole Zayn quitting thing… I mean you all know how you felt, and I probably felt exactly the same. I will tell you my thoughts on that situation at the end of the chapter… oh and make sure you read everything underneath READ:

 P.S. i'm sorry i didnt post this hours ago, but i ended up getting called into work 2 and 1/2 hours early, so i woke up and had to get dressed and leave the house in about twenty minutes, so i wasn't able to post this before i left, and i literally just got home. hope you like this chapter :)

Eva’s POV

“How are you?” Harry asks, standing in front of my desk.

“I’m good, thank you.” I nod.

“You look good—you look happy.” He says awkwardly. I’ve only been at work for a few minutes and this shit is already starting.

“I am.” I tell him.

“That’s good. How is your arm?” He asks.

“It’s fine.” I shrug.

“What do you need me to do first today?” I ask, changing the subject.

“Oh, you can—umm—start with this.” He hands me the folder in his hand. I open it and see all the financial reports that need to be put into the computer.

“Since when do I do this?” I ask, I haven’t don’t financial reports for him before.

“I know you can do it and do it right.” He shrugs. So you’re kissing my ass?

“Okay, I’ll have it done.” I tell him. He opens and closes his mouth, than opens it again, and then closes it and walks away. Okay then.  I shake my head, turn my attention to work in front of me, and before I know it it’s lunch time.

“I’ll be back in an hour.” I tell Harry.

“Okay.” He looks up from his computer, and nods.

“Need anything?” I ask him.

“Nope.” He deadpans. I swear this man has some bipolar tendencies… he is overly friendly one minute and cold and boss like the next… he’s just weird.

“Going to lunch?” Holly asks when I get to her desk, while I wait for the elevator car to arrive.

“Yeah, you wanna come?” I ask.

“I already took my lunch.” She laughs.

“Oh okay.” I smile.

“Well I guess I will talk to you when I get back.” I tell her, as the elevator doors open.

“Okay, have fun with Jake.” She yells.

“What?” I ask with wide eyes, but the doors close before she can answer me. How the hell did she know I was going to lunch with Jake? The only other person that knows I’m going to lunch with Jake is—Niall. Dammit Niall!

“How’s your day?” Jake greets me with a hug.

“Good, but I must say I kind of like not working so much better.” I laugh, I sit down at the table, and he sits in front of me.

“I would’ve never pegged you for the type of women who’d rather be home doing nothing.” He teases.

“I didn’t think I’d ever want to be that person, but after two weeks in paradise—I’d be okay with that.” I laugh.