S4E70: Reuniting with Elijah

(Takes place during 'The Five') Alexis' POV

"Do you really have to go?" Tyler and Jeremy ask me as I pack mine & Adrianna's things.

"Guys the hunter is dead, he blew himself up. And we're all safe. Besides Mr and Mrs Anderson are family friends. They have not yet meet Adrianna and want too" I remind them. "It's only for the weekend, then I'll be back with Adrianna" I state.

"But Elena is leaving with Bonnie and Damon to go to Whitmore College. What am I suppose to do with you both away?" Jeremy asks me.

"Stay out of trouble" I state. "Tyler please tell Hayley I apologize and hope to meet her properly when I return" I tell him.

"Of course I will" he states. "Take good care of our daughter" he tells me as he straps her into her car seat.

"I will" I assure him. They help me load the car and I strap the baby seat into the back seat. "See you guys in a few days" I state and give them both a hug. I get in the car and drive to the air port. I check in and drop my luggage off on the convey belt. I have Adrianna strapped to my chest and our carry on bags on my back and shoulder. I go through security and go to our gate.

We only had to wait half an hour and we were allowed to board. I put our carry ons away and took our aisle seat. I'd usually sit by the window. But with a baby, I need to be able to get to the bathroom easily if I have to change her diaper. We soon take off.

(Two hours and forty five minutes later)

We land in Denver and I am greeted by the Andersons. I hand Adrianna to Mrs Anderson. "Oh she's precious, looks just like you and Elena" she coos.

"Lets go get the rest of your luggage" Mr Anderson states. We agree and go to the luggage belt. I soon see my suitcase and grab it. I follow them to their car and smile when I see the baby seat.

"We came prepared, we got nappies, toys, bottles and everything you need at the house to take care of Adrianna" Mrs Anderson tells me.

"Thank you both and thank you for looking after Jeremy" I tell them.

"Of course, we'd do anything for you Gilberts" Mr Anderson tells me and his wife nods her head in agreement.

"So when's the wedding?" Mrs Anderson asks me.

"What?" I ask her shocked.

"The wedding dear, between you and Adrianna's father?" she asks.

"She's right, it's only proper" Mr Anderson states. Now I remember why I put this off for so long. They don't even know who Adrianna's father is.

"He's a business man and away a lot on business" I tell them.

"Is that why he's not here now dear? Is he on a business trip?" Mrs Anderson asks me.

"Yes, exactly he's on a business trip" I state.

"What does he do?" Mr Anderson asks.

"He's a historian" I lie thinking about Elijah. "He was passing through town on business and we just clicked. Next thing we know Adrianna is here" I state.

"So he's older then you?" Mr Anderson asks.

"Yes, he's twenty three" I state.

"You were a minor when you both slept together" Mrs Anderson sounding upset.

"Yes, but I love him and we didn't care. We thought we were careful, but the condom didn't work" I state.

"Well at least he's stuck by you, that's the main thing. But you're an adult now, you both should get married" she states. We arrive at their house and I busy myself settling Adrianna and I in.

"I'm gonna go to the park, Adrianna is napping" I tell them as I enter the living room.

"We'll watch her dear and call that boyfriend of yours" Mrs Anderson tells me. I nod my head and leave the house. I go to the park and sit in the rotunda. I sigh as I try to think of a way out of this.

"Why are you here alone Alexis?" a man asks and I turn to see Elijah. I gasp in shock and rush over hugging him tightly. He returns it and I pull away looking into his eyes. Then kiss him.

"Sorry" I say pulling away. He places a hand on my cheek and kisses me sweetly. "Why are you here? Have you been here all this time?" I ask him.

"I wanted to be close by and was just passing through when I saw you here" he states.

"I'm visiting family friends, but things are complicated" I tell him.

"Complicated how?" he asks as we sit down.

"They expect me to marry Tyler, because he's Adrianna's father. Not that they know it's him. They just expect me to marry the father of my daughter" I tell him. "I thought things were complicating when I turned, but this is worse" I state.

"Let me guess, they are set in their ways?" he asks and I nod my head.

"Lets talk about something else, like why you've been avoiding me" I state. "You said you'd explain when we reunited" I remind him.

"Alexis, how would you feel if I asked you to run away with me and Adrianna? Just the three of us, it'd make me happy" he states and I smile.

"I'd follow you anywhere, you need only ask" I tell him. And he sighs sadly. "What's wrong?" I ask as I touch his cheek.

"You're sired to me" he states.

"So? It doesn't change my feelings for you. I've had them since we meet and they've only gotten stronger. I know you'd never use the sire bond to hurt me or my loved ones. I trust you Elijah" I tell him. "I love you" I say as I look into his eyes.

"I love you Alexis Gilbert" he states and we kiss again. A throat clears and we pull apart to see Mr Anderson. I curse as we stand up.

"You must be Adrianna's father" he says looking at Elijah.

"Yes, he is" I lie and I give Elijah a look.

"Elijah Mikaelson, sorry for surprise visit. I wanted to surprise Alexis and our daughter" Elijah says as they shake hands.

"Well my wife would love to meet you, we were just deciding on dinner" Mr Anderson states.

"How about Mercantile, my treat" Elijah suggests.

"Oh she loves that restaurant, six?" Mr Anderson asks.

"Sounds perfect" Elijah says.

"I'll go tell the Mrs, you two catch up while we take care of Adrianna" he tells us before leaving.

"I'm sorry for putting you in that position Elijah. I told them Adrianna's father was a historian and twenty-three. Then he saw me kissing you and I panicked" I tell him.

"Hey, it's ok. Everything will be ok" Elijah assures me and I calm down.

"Wow, I love your effect on me" I state and kiss him. "But now we are going to dinner with them and they are going to ask when the wedding is. God this is worse then a soap opera" I tell him.

"We'll handle it together" he tells me. "Go get ready for dinner and I'll see you tonight" he tells me. I nod my head and hug him before leaving.

A/N

Picture above of Alexis kissing Elijah and picture on the external link of Adrianna now.