TVD: S3E58 - Dangerous Liasons

(Gilbert house) Alexis' POV

I've been called over to my old home by Elena. I arrive to see her with Damon and Stefan. "Why the call?" I ask Elena curious.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin" she tells us.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asks her.

"What? How is she even alive?" I ask her shocked.

"Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago" Damon adds. Of course he brings that up.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus" Elena explains.

"I'm confused" I tell her. I blame baby brain.

"She was supposed to be a weapon to kill Klaus" Stefan states.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah" Elena tells us.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds" Stefan tells us.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asks us.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us" Elena tells us. The doorbell rings and she goes to get it.

"If Elijah promised we won't be harmed, I believe him" I tell the Salvatore brothers. Elena returns with two envelopes in hand. "Who are they for?" I ask her curious.

"You and I" she says handing me the one with my name on it.

"What are they?" Damon asks us as I open my envelope.

"They're invitations" I tell him as I look at it.

"Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration" Elena reads out loud.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks him.

"The original family obviously" I tell him.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon asks us. Elena turns her card over and sees there's writing on the back.

"Wait, there's a note on the back" she tells us. "Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther" she reads. I turn mine over over to see a note from Elijah, asking me to save him a dance. I smile, he's so sweet.

"I'll see you there" I tell them and leave before they can protest. I know I'm pregnant. But I want to go to the ball. Who knows when I'll be invited to another? I go back to my apartment and see Elijah placing a box outside my door. "What's that?" I ask him curious.

"It was suppose to be a surprise" he tells me sheepishly. I open the door and invite him in.

"I got your invite and I'd love to go tonight. But I have to find a dress" I tell him.