TVD: S1E15 - Few Good Men

Alexis' POV

Elena and I are sitting on the porch swing leaving another voicemail for Bonnie. While writing in our journals. Her Grams died shortly after the tomb incident. It's been twenty-six days since then. But neither Elena or I have heard from Bonnie since her Gram's funeral. "Hey, Bonnie, it's is just checking in, seeing how you're doing" Elena says.

"We miss you here. Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy" I add. As our aunt comes outside with a cup of coffee.

"Come home soon. Love you" we say and Elena hangs up.

"What are you doing out here? It's cold" Jenna tells us.

"Thinking, writing. The, uh, funeral for Bonnie's grandma, it brought back a lot about mom and dad" I tell her as I doodle on the page I was writing on.

"We were wondering...you said that you would do some digging about them, the adoption" Elena tells her.

"Right" Jenna says.

"So did you? dig?" we ask her. She told us to come inside and we all go into the kitchen. Jenna pulls out her laptop and sits down at the dining table, while we stand either side of her.

"Your dad kept everything from his medical practice—records, logs, old appointment books. I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson" Jenna explains showing the journal to us.

"Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asks her.

"Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So I binged it. I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3--2 men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia" Jenna explains showing us a photo on her laptop. It's of two teenage cheerleaders, their names are Isobel Flemming and Trudie Peterson.

"She was a cheerleader" Elena says smiling. Our mother if this is her, was beautiful.

"Trudie still lives there" Jenna tells us and hands us a piece of paper. "This is her address" she states and I look at Elena.

"What about Isobel?" I ask her.

"I couldn't find anything about her" Jenna answers. I share a disheartened look with Elena as we sat at the table. " Listen. There's something else. Mr. Saltzman, Ric, his wife was from around here, and her name was also Isobel" she explains.

"Wait, 'was' as in..." we ask.

"She died" Jenna finishes. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit, but I'll be at the grill if you need me" she tells us before leaving.

"What are you thinking Alexis?" Elena asks me.

"I think we should meet Trudie, but what if our biological mum really is dead? What if she is Alaric's dead wife?" I ask her.

"At least we'd have answers, shame Jenna couldn't find anything on our birth father" Elena says.

"Probably a teenage boy afraid of responsibility" I tell her. "Could you imagine Tyler or Matt having a kid now? At this age?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I have to do my laundry, how about we go afterwards?" she suggests. I agree and go to my room as Stefan arrives to talk to Elena. As I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling I think of the last night with our parents. Jeremy and I were playing Monopoly with our parents.

(Flashback)

"Jeremy that's a ten, not a hundred" I scold my brother playful.

"So?" he asks me playfully, knowing it'd annoy me.