TVD: S1E9 - History Repeating

Alexis' POV

Dear Diary, the day after Stefan's birthday. I found out Damon killed Lexi and I'm really upset. I liked her and thought we could be good friends like her & Stefan. Anyway today Elena is getting her new history teacher. I'm at school now as I was nominated to be the new teacher's guide for the day. Which is strange as I don't even have history.

I close my diary and put it in my bag when there is a knock at the receptions door. "Come in" Miss Clarke says and a man in his mid to late twentys entered the room. "You must be our new History teacher Mr Saltzman" she says smiling.

"Yes" he says and shakes her hand.

"Mr Saltzman this is one of our brightest students Alexis Gilbert, she'll be your guide today" Mrs Clarke states. I stand up and approach them.

"Hello, welcome to Mystic Falls High" I say smiling.

"Thank you" he says and I shake his hand.

"Miss Gilbert can answer any questions you have about the school and show you around. But if you ever get lost, I'm always here" Mrs Clarke tells him smiling sweetly.

"Thank you, I'll remember that" he states and turns to me. "Lead the way Miss Gilbert" he says.

"So Saltzman, sounds German" I say as we exit the room.

"It's German origin" he tells me. "My name is Alaric Saltzman, but you can call me Ric outside of class along with the other students" he explains.

"I'm not actually in history, but my twin sister Elena is" I tell him.

"You don't like history?" he asks me.

"No, I think the past should stay in the past and we shouldn't let it effect our future" I state.

"That's very wise" he tells me.

"I guess, here's your classroom. I'll meet you here at lunch to show you to the staffs lounge. It's where most of the staff have lunch, and then I can show you your new office" I tell him.

"Of course, thank you" he says and enters the classroom. I then go to my class.

(After school)

I am walking with Elena and Bonnie after giving Ric his tour. Bonnie is telling us about her weird dreams. "And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Elena asks her.

"Mhm. Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie asks us.

"Two weeks ago I'd say no, but now..." I say.

"I don't get it. Why Emily?" Elena asks.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the Civil War days, and that this medallion was hers. A witch's talisman" Bonnie explains gesturing to her crystal necklace.

"And it all started when you got the necklace?" I ask.

"Yes" she answers.

"What does you grams say about it?" Elena asks her.

"I can't call her. She's gonna tell me to embrace it. I don't want to embrace it, I want it to stop" Bonnie states. Elena leaves to go see Stefan.

"So can you give me a lift home?" I ask Bonnie.

"Sure" she says and we head for her car. Only for Damon to appear.

"Okay, it's your last chance" he tells Bonnie.

"We'll scream Damon" I tell him.

"Oh no, Don't do that. Let's stay on point. I want my necklace" he states.