TVD: S1E16 - There Goes The Neighborhood

Alexis' POV

Elena and I are walking through the school with Stefan. "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down" he tells us.

"Is he still trying to find Katherine?" I ask him.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?" Stefan asks.

"Couldn't of happened to a nicer person" Elena states.

"I agree" I say nodding my head.

"You both have every reason to be upset with him. Have you both thought any more about what you're going to do?" he asks us.

"About what? Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother?" Elena asks him.

"No, we haven't thought about it at all" I say sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I brought it up" Stefan says sheepishly.

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother" I tell him and Elena nods her head in agreement.

"No, vampires at all?" he asks us.

"No vampires but you" Elena corrects. "We just want to get back to doing normal stuff like school and homework and here's a thought: fun" Elena explains.

"Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" Stefan asks.

"Now" I say smiling and we all go to class. When class finished Caroline approached the three of us.

"I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill maybe a late movie" she explains.

"Like a double date?" Stefan asks her.

"Two pair out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah a double date" she agrees.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asks her.

"Why not? We all haven't gone out together before and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it" Caroline explains.

"I think it's a great idea" I state.

"Same" Stefan agrees.

"You both do?" Elena asks us.

"Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in 'fun'" he tells her.

"A double date it is, only if you come Alexis" Elena states.

"Why do I have to be the fifth wheel?" I ask her confused.

"You need to have fun also, besides it'll be at the grill. You don't have to spend the whole evening with us" she tells me.

"Fine I'll go" I relent.

"Great, see all of you tonight" Caroline says smiling and leaves. Elena and I go home, and got ready. I then left early saying I'd meet them at the grill. I got us all a table and the other four soon arrived.

"So, Matt, How do you like working here?" Elena asks him.

"It's not that bad. Wait staff is pretty good and they can't keep a bartender to save their lives. I actually put my mom up for a job" he explains.

"How has that been? Having Kelly back?" I ask him.

"You know, same old Kelly. She's trying, sort of" Matt says shrugging.