TVD: S3E65 - Before Sunset

Alexis' POV

I'm helping clean up the gym the day after the decade dance. So far only Rebekah and I are here. With Adrianna strapped to my chest. Caroline and Tyler are running late & Matt was called into work. I have not let Adrianna out of my sight since last night. Caroline walks into the gym. "Where's Matt?" she asks me.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute" I tell her as I sweep. "Where's Tyler?" I ask her.

"With Klaus helping him pack" she grumbles. "So it's just the three of us and this little cutie?" she asks as she pinches Adrianna's cheek.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock" Rebekah tells her annoyed.

"It's like 8:02" Care tells her.

"Exactly. We managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized" Rebekah snaps. Rebekah walks past Caroline and empties out the trash. I sigh wishing I could be somewhere else.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still...I'm sorry" Care tells her.

"I am sorry too" I tell Rebekah.

"I'm sorry about your teacher and guardian. He seemed like a nice guy" she tells us.

"Yeah. He was" Care says smiling.

"Elena, Jeremy and I wouldn't be here without him. It's a shame Adrianna will never know him" I say sadly.

"I'm gonna get started on the cafeteria" Rebekah tells us. Rebekah walks out into the hallway.I continue to sweep and Caroline looks worried.

"Get out of here, take Adrianna and run outside" she tells me and runs off. I frown in confusion as she disappears. But I do as she says. But instead of going to the parking lot I go to the roof. I look over the railing and watch Alaric snap Caroline's neck. Alaric drags the unconscious Caroline back towards the school as his flesh starts to smoke and burn off. I gasp and kneel down holding Adrianna close. He's suppose to be dead.

I find my phone and call Damon. "Alexis, where are you?" he asks as soon as he answers the phone.

"At the school, Alaric is here. You were suppose to make sure he didn't complete his transition" I tell him.

"Blame Bonnie, she witchy margarined me and feed him" he tells me. "You have to get out of there" he tells me.

"But he has Caroline and I'm trapped on the roof" I tell him scared. "The second I enter the school, he'll grab me" I state. "I'm only safe here as he doesn't have a daylight ring. You guys have to do something fast, I have Adrianna and I don't want her hurt or seeing him like that" I tell him.

"I'm on my way to tell Stefan and Elena now. Sit tight and stay in the sun" he tells me and hangs up. I rock Adrianna as I watch the door. It soon opens revealing evil Alaric and I gulp.

"Hello Lexis, what are you doing up here? Caroline and I are having a meeting in my classroom" he tells me smirking. "You and Adrianna are welcome to join us, Elena will be joining us soon" he states.

"You don't get to call me Lexis or talk about my daughter" I sneer glaring at him. "You leave us, my sister and Caroline alone" I tell him.

"You can't stay up here forever" he tells him in a false sweet voice.

"I don't have to" I tell him. He looks up at the sky and I do the same. I see clouds and gulp.

"Once the sun is covered you both are mine" he tells me and I hold Adrianna tighter. "Don't worry I won't hurt either of you" he states and leaves. Adrianna whimpers and I rock her gently humming. I start to sing to her.