TVD: S1E13 - Children of the Damned

Alexis' POV

I was sleeping peacefully when Damon entered my room and dragged me from my warn bed. He carried me to the boarding house and we went to Stefan's room. Where he and Elena are in bed under the covers. Damon sat me on the end of the bed. "Rise and shine, sleepy heads" he tells us and they pull the duvet up to their chins.

"What are you both doing here?" Stefan asks us.

"He dragged me out of bed" I say with a yawn.

"Oh stop being smutty" Damon tells him.

"Seriously, get out of here Damon" Stefan tells him.

" If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it" Damon says smirking.

"Eww, that's my twin" I say as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss" Damon tells us.

"And it has to be right now?" Elena and I ask him.

"Well, we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal" Damon states. I share a look with Stefan and Elena, what the hell is going on? "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells. First things first-since you are Alexis and Elena Gilbert, you both are on journal duty" he tells us.

"Since when am I helping?" Elena and I demand.

"Well, Stefan's helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo" he tells Elena. "Also she's your twin, if she's helping. So are you" he adds.

"You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do" Stefan tells us.

"We'll look for it tonight" Elena states laying down covering her head.

"Good" Damon says smiling.

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire?" Stefan asks him

"He seemed like a bit of a dimwit" I add and Stefan nods his head in agreement.

"In lieu of any other options" Damon tells us. Elena pulls the sheets down and sits up.

"What is a grimoire?" she asks.

"It's a witch's cookbook" Damon answers.

"Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work" Stefan clarifies.

"Yeah, cook book" Damon smirks.

"What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are" Stefan reminds him.

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so...Chop, chop. Alexis your clothes are in the bag" Damon states pointing to it. He starts to walk out of the room, turns around, and continues to walk backwards out of the room while talking to us."You know, I really like this whole menage a foursome team thing. It's got a bit of a kink to it. Don't screw it up" he tells us.

"Sorry guys, I'll see you both later" I say leave with my bag. I go to a spare room and change. I brush my hair and leave the room.

(Gilbert house)

Stefan, Elena and I are going through the old family boxes looking for the journal. They just told me how we're going behind Damon's back. "Do you think Damon really believes us? That we're both trying to help him?" she asks me.

"I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him" I tell her.

"You know...I really think that Damon believes that everything he's done, every move that he's made, he's done for love. It's twisted, but kind of sad" she explains and I nod my head in agreement.