TVD: S1E19 - Miss Mystic Falls

Alexis' POV

I go meet Elena at our lockers to see her talking to Bonnie. I smile and run over hugging Bonnie. "I missed you so much" I tell her smiling. "How's your family?" I ask pulling away.

"We're dealing" she tells me.

"Everyone here really missed you" Elena tells her and I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral. And honestly after you told me the tomb spell failed I just didn't really want to come back" Bonnie explains.

"I hope that you understand why I called...I wanted you to know before you came home" Elena tells her. Suddenly Caroline appears and hugs Bonnie tightly.

"Thank god you're home, I know we talked everyday but I missed you" Caroline states. Elena looks sad and I give her arm a squeeze. "How are you doing?" she asks Bonnie.

"Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy" Bonnie tells her.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe problem. You need to help me pick up the perfect dress for the Founders' court" Caroline tells her.

"Founders' court?" I ask confused.

"Did we miss something?" Elena asks also confused.

"The Founders' court! You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today and you and I are both on it" Caroline reminds me. Oh I remember now, mum signed me up for it. Elena and I tossed a coin to see which of us would enter. And I lost.

"Oh my god! You guys signed up for that so long ago" Elena says.

"I completely forgot" I tell Caroline sheepishly.

"So, are you dropping out then?" she asks me.

"I can't" I tell her.

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter" Bonnie explains.

"Elena, can I borrow your boyfriend as my escort?" I ask her.

"Sure, we'll ask him together" she tells me smiling. We then leave to go find Stefan. But there was no need as he was at our house when we got home. "Stefan, Alexis needs an escort for the Founders' court" Elena tells him.

"I'm sorry for the short notice, I completely forgot about the event. And that I'm in it" I tell him sheepishly.

"I will be happy to escort you" he assures me and I smile in relief.

"Our mum was really into this Founders' day stuff. She was even Miss Mystic in her day" Elena explains.

"I really want to do this, to honour her" I add smiling.

"It'll be great, we'll have fun" he tells me.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow at school for dance practice after my interview. At least you know the dance" I tell him.

"Don't worry, you'll learn it quickly" he assures me. I smile in thanks and leave him with Elena. I find Jenna and have her help me find the perfect dress for the dance. We even got hair extensions so that my hair goes below my shoulders. As my hair currently shoulder length.

(Founders' hall next day)

I sit in front of Carol Lockwood and two other women being interview for Miss Mystic falls. "This year's queen will have the special honor of taking stage at the hundred and fiftieth Founders' Day Gala. Before we crown our winner, we'd like to get to know a bit more about each of you" Coral explains.

"I recognize that I haven't been as involved this year that I used to be. I've been distracted and I let a lot of things slide.But I'm aware of what an honor this is and I want you to know that I take it seriously" I assure them. "This was really important to my mother. She believed in community, family, honor and loyalty. It's the legacy she left for Elena and I" I finish.